Droid DNA Cases

katchik99

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Anybody find one that makes the stupid power button easier to use?!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

The Ballistic SG makes using the buttons a lot easier. The case raises them up so they are easier to access.

Not sure if I like how bulky it makes the phone though.

nanachkh

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Incipio Faxion for my DNA. I really like the feel of it and how slim it is!

There is no hole for the back LED, but that doesn't bother me.

The power button doesn't really give any feedback or click when you press it, but it still works every time I press it (the power button wasn't that great to begin with in terms of clicky feedback). The volume buttons give a little more feedback, and still work fine with the case.

I installed the screen protector that came with it and it has the same problem my last screen protector had with the plastic not sticking to the rounded edges of the screen. I may go without one eventually, but for now it's fine.

I haven't had this case that long yet, but so far I like it and would recommend it.

yje9a2y7.jpg

u3udy9a8.jpg

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I installed the screen protector that came with it and it has the same problem my last screen protector had with the plastic not sticking to the rounded edges of the screen. I may go without one eventually, but for now it's fine.

Try a wet-apply protector. I'm using the ArmorSuit one, and it stays on just fine--no peeling so far (granted, it's only been a week or so).

It does appear to be self-healing, but even light fingernail tapping leaves permanent dimples. It's definitely soft/sticky, not to mention a fingerprint magnet. But with the screen on, you don't see the blemishes.

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition...
I'd like to say that I definitely will be sticking with the Incipio Faxion case. The only thing is the top power button is a little harder to press. Sometimes it doesn't work the first time you press it. I know some of the complaints of the DNA was the power button being so flush..but I never had any problems with it. Other than that, like I mentioned, the QI charging works, the volume rockers feel good, the charging door is easily accessible and when facing down, it provides just enough protection to lift the phone screen off the surface.

sarasotatim

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I talked to a rep from DecalGirl.com yesterday, she confirmed they'd have skins for the DNA on their site by the end of this week. Not sure how that'll work, probably just a back piece, since the curved front glass would probably prevent a skin going on there.

ath2o

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Ballistic SG Maxx case and holters? I want to carry the DNA on my belt and I have tried both the Verizon case and the Otterbox Defender. The Otterbox is just to big, clunky and the screen protector is not responsive enough. The Verizon case is too difficult to get in and out of the holster. I'm hoping the Ballistic case and holster is the answer. But I would like to use it without the screen protector if it doesn't affect the fit of the case. Any input would be appreciated.

katchik99

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just received the diztronic matte case and it's my favorite. I also have a clear skin tpu and the Ballistic SG. This one fits snug but isn't too bulky.

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Trident Aegis all the way. No more bulky than a Commuter, much nicer in a one piece combo of rubber and plastic. Most other Aegis series are 2 pieces. Got mine from daydeal.com. $30. Took about 4 business days to arrive including ship date.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Ballistic SG Maxx case and holters? I want to carry the DNA on my belt and I have tried both the Verizon case and the Otterbox Defender. The Otterbox is just to big, clunky and the screen protector is not responsive enough. The Verizon case is too difficult to get in and out of the holster. I'm hoping the Ballistic case and holster is the answer. But I would like to use it without the screen protector if it doesn't affect the fit of the case. Any input would be appreciated.

I had the same problem with the vzw. I have a trick that helped me. I would put two Fingers on the bottom of the phone and. My thumb on the top of the case. Push down with your thumb a few up with the fingers. It slide out easy for me.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Mario Fasolo

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
STILL looking for a good case lol. The hard silicon one from Verizon is really nice, but they don't have pure black, just a dark design or else I'd have got it.

Has anyone had a mesh case, like this?
HTC Droid DNA 6435 Black Rubber Soft Red Mesh Hybrid Back Case Screen | eBay - I'm curious how thick this one is and haven't seen much talk about them!

The Nilkin ones are beautiful, but seem to be purely cosmetic and won't protect it, need something that will protect the buttons...because my phone already flew out of my hand face down on a hard floor from like five feet...and (praise God!) the only damage was making the top power button not completely straight anymore so it look not-perfect, but when I realize it literally has NO scratches or anything, I can't believe that it didn't break and am so thankful and want to be more careful now!

Ballistic/Diztronic/Otterbox are all too thick imo, something with protection + only add a little bulk, any advice? I like the TPU the the "S" design really just kills it for me, either matte or shiny, I can't stand the look of a combination lol.

Thanks for any help!

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up the Ballistic SG case for the DNA on eBay for $20 and I must admit I love it!!! It does add quite a bit of bulk to the phone but the power button & volume buttons are so much easier to press & the phone still feels good in hand.

winochef

May 15, 2011
Visit site
STILL looking for a good case lol. The hard silicon one from Verizon is really nice, but they don't have pure black, just a dark design or else I'd have got it.

Has anyone had a mesh case, like this?
HTC Droid DNA 6435 Black Rubber Soft Red Mesh Hybrid Back Case Screen | eBay - I'm curious how thick this one is and haven't seen much talk about them!

The Nilkin ones are beautiful, but seem to be purely cosmetic and won't protect it, need something that will protect the buttons...because my phone already flew out of my hand face down on a hard floor from like five feet...and (praise God!) the only damage was making the top power button not completely straight anymore so it look not-perfect, but when I realize it literally has NO scratches or anything, I can't believe that it didn't break and am so thankful and want to be more careful now!

Ballistic/Diztronic/Otterbox are all too thick imo, something with protection + only add a little bulk, any advice? I like the TPU the the "S" design really just kills it for me, either matte or shiny, I can't stand the look of a combination lol.

Thanks for any help!

Just ordered one. Expected delivery is 1/16. Will let you know when I get it.

TexasNexus1

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this has already been noted but on the pink diztronic the notification light on back of phone is visible. Wife loves the thin case!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, do most of you without protection plans use sturdy, shock-resistant cases like Otterbox, Ballistic, etc? I'm wondering if it would be too risky to switch to a TPU case, since I didn't opt for a plan.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered one. Expected delivery is 1/16. Will let you know when I get it.

Same here. Mine should be here within a day or two. Got it for 6 bucks on ebay. Couldn't pass it up. He'll I even bought two new cases for my old nexus since they were only $2 a piece

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for any help!

Try the body glove. Really thin but provides good protection in crucial areas

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2