Qi Chargers

NoEviL

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
A lot depends on the thickness of the case. And I can also confirm that the silicon case from Verizon works just fine.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

I can confirm the plastic case plus holster from Verizon works as well with wireless charging

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It is only slightly magnetized, but it stays in place just fine. It has a rubbery ring on the base that holds the phone and keeps it from sliding out. I have an HP Touchpad tablet and I didn't think wireless charging was going to be that big of a deal, but it really is convenient. :cool:

Awesome, thanks. I am gonna grab one based on this. Looks great.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Bought the LG one at the VZW store for 37 out the door. Works great and the beeping sound (when you place it on the mat and when its charged) is very bearable. Not sure why people complain about it and tear the speaker out.

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my Nokia charger today from Vzw.com.. It is small but, the phone picks it up instantly. No complaints so far. The phone isn't any warmer than when it's on the wired charging.

Attachments

• 20121126_210123.jpg
    20121126_210123.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 20121126_210321.jpg
    20121126_210321.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 82

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
How's it working for you?

Tried it last night for the first time and it worked fine. Set the phone on it and it was fully charged this morning, I do wish it would put the phone in a dock mode showing a night time clock. I didn't notice the phone being warmer after charging like some have stated it seemed to be the same temp as when charging with cables. Very happy so far with the purchase now I'm thinking of getting the Nokia Plate for work since it's a little cheaper.

eupher15

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Picked up the LG pad from Verizon yesterday. No problems, though it seems to take a tad longer to fully charge in comparison to the cord.

ohio2010

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Tried it last night for the first time and it worked fine. Set the phone on it and it was fully charged this morning, I do wish it would put the phone in a dock mode showing a night time clock. I didn't notice the phone being warmer after charging like some have stated it seemed to be the same temp as when charging with cables. Very happy so far with the purchase now I'm thinking of getting the Nokia Plate for work since it's a little cheaper.

Have you tried using the NFC capability to start a clock app. I have seen a few folks mention it but haven't seen anyone confirm it.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Mini review

This is my wife's dna now and I haven't been able to determine how long it takes to fully charge the battery but the lg 700 charger instantly recognized the dna thru the otterbox commuter.

You don't have to sit there and move it around to get it to charge, just set it down as in the picture and it beeps and starts charging. There also is a pop-up screen showing you are wireless charging and another when you remove it.

Maybe my wife can keep her phone charged up now lol.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354463441890.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354463441890.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 70
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354463454507.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354463454507.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 72

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
However, I'm thrilled to say that I haven't had the same issue with multiple beeps. Both my wife and I put our new DNAs on the charging pads last night, and both only beeped just the one time to verify the connection, as designed.

This has reflected my own experience.

Purchased the LG charging pad at Verizon (had to go there to tranfer my daughter's phone number over to my now retired Razr!) and so far, it's working great!

I've only heard it beep when I put the DNA down on it, I don't have to worry about making sure the DNA is positioned properly, it seems to charge the device anywhere it's placed on the pad, and it charges quickly!

For me, I discontinued our home phone a couple of years ago. Having my previous Razr plugged in to charge, with the short cable provided by Moto, every time the phone would ring, I'd have to unplug it, take the call, then plug it back in when I was done with the call! Total hassle!

Now... I simply pick up my DNA... answer my call... then place it back on the pad when the call is completed!

Easy peasy!

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought the dual landing pad Energizer off Ebay from someone who was disappointed their new iPhone wouldn't work on it:D It works very well, no beeps, easy to hit the charge pad. The landing area is pretty big and it doesn't take much aim to hit the spot.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Duracell powermat and can't get it to work. The power mat turns on and lights up. When I place the phone on to it nothing happens. I moved the phone all over the mat and nothing happens, is their a setting I'm missing on the phone?

Bloojay

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Duracell powermat and can't get it to work. The power mat turns on and lights up. When I place the phone on to it nothing happens. I moved the phone all over the mat and nothing happens, is their a setting I'm missing on the phone?

As far as I know, the Duracell Powermat doesn't use the Qi standard.