Qi Chargers

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Which one are you getting and why?

Also, if you have one already, how do you like it and would you recommend it?

Pre-ordered the DNA and am trying to decide which charger to get.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat. I was thinking about getting the LG, but read a lot about it beeping often. My next choice seems to be the Energizer, but I can't find the single charger in stock anywhere. :mad:

Sent from my HTC Evo via Tapatalk

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat. I was thinking about getting the LG, but read a lot about it beeping often. My next choice seems to be the Energizer, but I can't find the single charger in stock anywhere. :mad:

Sent from my HTC Evo via Tapatalk
I could not deal with the beeping with the LG, I returned the one I had purchased. YMMV. The choices for Qi chargers is pretty limited right now, so, I am sticking with wired charging for now.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
My advice would be to wait a month or two. The whole Qi thing is relatively new and there are just now getting to be phones that will use it. As with anything involving technology these things will be flooding the market soon and not only will prices drop, there will be an increasing consensus on which ones are the best for the best prices. In the meantime, I plan on just using the micro-usb cord.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
has anyone used a Nokia wireless charging stand? I like the stand better for office use but was wondering if there is a hot spot I need to line up on the stand and the DNA. If anyone can verify that would be fantastic.

Thank you,

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I could not deal with the beeping with the LG, I returned the one I had purchased. YMMV. The choices for Qi chargers is pretty limited right now, so, I am sticking with wired charging for now.
Yeah, yours was the experience I was referring to... Despite all that, I picked up two Verizon branded pads yesterday, figuring I'd just return them if we didn't like them.

However, I'm thrilled to say that I haven't had the same issue with multiple beeps. Both my wife and I put our new DNAs on the charging pads last night, and both only beeped just the one time to verify the connection, as designed.

So, hopefully, I don't have the same problem you did. We'll have to give it a few more days to be sure. :)

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

HankSC

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Is is magnetized? Does the DNA stay firmly against it in an angled position while charging? This one looks interesting ...

It is only slightly magnetized, but it stays in place just fine. It has a rubbery ring on the base that holds the phone and keeps it from sliding out. I have an HP Touchpad tablet and I didn't think wireless charging was going to be that big of a deal, but it really is convenient. :cool:

Here's a video:

Last edited:

HankSC

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
has anyone used a Nokia wireless charging stand? I like the stand better for office use but was wondering if there is a hot spot I need to line up on the stand and the DNA. If anyone can verify that would be fantastic.

Thank you,

The Nokia DT-910 wireless charging stand works great. See the post above...

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Can you have a case on the DNA, like an Otterbox, and still have wireless charging work? Or does the phone need to be naked?

Some cases are compatible with wireless charging. They will be advertised as compatible. The Otterbox website didn't say anything about being compatible with wireless charging, so, it may not.
I have the silicon case from Verizon, it is compatible with wireless charging.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Some cases are compatible with wireless charging. They will be advertised as compatible. The Otterbox website didn't say anything about being compatible with wireless charging, so, it may not.
I have the silicon case from Verizon, it is compatible with wireless charging.
A lot depends on the thickness of the case. And I can also confirm that the silicon case from Verizon works just fine.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk