Qi Chargers

totaled

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This has reflected my own experience.

Purchased the LG charging pad at Verizon (had to go there to tranfer my daughter's phone number over to my now retired Razr!) and so far, it's working great!

I've only heard it beep when I put the DNA down on it, I don't have to worry about making sure the DNA is positioned properly, it seems to charge the device anywhere it's placed on the pad, and it charges quickly!

For me, I discontinued our home phone a couple of years ago. Having my previous Razr plugged in to charge, with the short cable provided by Moto, every time the phone would ring, I'd have to unplug it, take the call, then plug it back in when I was done with the call! Total hassle!

Now... I simply pick up my DNA... answer my call... then place it back on the pad when the call is completed!

Easy peasy!

The LG is working well for me although my DNA does get warm -- 96 degrees on the front and 99 on the rear after charging awhile. (Measured with infrared temp gun)

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've called 7 Verizon stores in my area yesterday searching for the LG charger and none of them have any. So I went online and they seem to have removed it? Can't locate it anywhere other then Amazon.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I've called 7 Verizon stores in my area yesterday searching for the LG charger and none of them have any. So I went online and they seem to have removed it? Can't locate it anywhere other then Amazon.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

That's where I ordered it from because it wasn't on Verizon's website.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Why would they remove it?
Maybe because they are out of stock... The LG seems to be out of stock in all the usual places to buy.

If you don't want to wait for it to get back in stock, see if you can find an Energizer. I have one of those (as well), and it works great.

heath patrick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am using a Defender with the LG QI charger, took about 6 Hrs. from 3% to 100%

Shows the charge cycle.
Screenshot_2012-12-03-20-07-52.png

ReidSimpson

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a couple of DT-900s and they work great with my DNA. Kind of $$$, but really convenient. Next thing to get one rigged up for car use when I have NAV running!

tuxly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
i wish someone made one that's horizontal upload right.
and the phone switch to night clock automatically.

There's an app called better desk clock that has a setting to automatically go to desk clock when plugged into usb. It also works when phone goes into wireless charging mode. App cost $1.99, but works great and nice developer.

dbussert

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
My LG Qi charger works perfect. I did notice that if you put your phone upside down on the pad (pad charger power port at bottom of phone) it will not charge and just constantly beeps, so it is possible to place it wrong.

jasper7821

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I just the Verizon universal charge pad (it's the LG Qi charger) and it's so nice to not have to plug the USB in.
It only beeped once when setting the phone on it then the green light starts flashing.
BUT it never stopped flashing, I thought it would go steady when charged but it didn't. it just kept flashing but it charged to 100%

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Just bought the Nokia DT910 upright charger from a local ATT store. Working great!

Same here.. I got the DT900 when I ordered the phone and it's okay but, really small.. I'm using it for my bedroom charger and using the DT910 for the living room. It's perfect.. I'm thinking about getting a fatboy pillow and then I'll be done :-\

Attachments

• 20121207_065045.jpg
    20121207_065045.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 20121207_065003.jpg
    20121207_065003.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 55

patchhead87

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
They needa design a solar powered qi car dock, no wires at all...wonder if that exists anywhere, any word on any offciall HTC car dock for the the DNA exclusively for the DNA??

Sent from my DROID DNA using Android Central Forums