Qi Chargers

Biac1982

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I first purchased the Verizon-branded, LG-OEM'd plate and was disppointed. After 12 hours, the phone only reached 99%. I now have the Nokia DT-900 and am very pleased. The phone fully charges after 2.5 - 3.00 hours with a normal day's use and the phone's amber charging light turns green upon completion. The DT-900's charging indicator light remains constant (as opposed to becomeing a slow blink to indicate the phone is fully charged), but HTC tech support indicated this was nothing to worry about, as the phone is no longer charging once the green indicator appears. Hope this helps!

EdJG

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
If you turn the charger the phone will continue to drain battery on standby just as it does during the day once charged so I would not expect them to have one any more than any of the charging docks do.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

I understand what you're saying, but I'm talking about the ability to turn the charger off when the phone isn't "attached".

I know it can be unplugged, but it's a real PITA to get to the electric plug where I want to use it.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I understand what you're saying, but I'm talking about the ability to turn the charger off when the phone isn't "attached".

I know it can be unplugged, but it's a real PITA to get to the electric plug where I want to use it.

It sounds like you need a power strip with a switch.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Do any of these chargers have an on/off switch?

I know they don't draw a lot of power, but I see no reason to leave it on all the time.

Ed

BTW - this is my first post! I love the DNA, it's my first smartphone.

The LG one does not no.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Here:

So me being a efficiency freak hooked my new Nokia DT-900 charging plate up to my Kill-a-Watt and did some quick tests.

Surprisingly NO, as in 0.0, Watts, Volts or Amps registered until I put my 920 down on the plate!

So good news, don't worry about leaving them plugged in all the time.

No how many more should buy? ;)

Seriously, Nokia is doing an excellent job here. They have really though of everything for this round of phones, I'm impressed.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ing-plate-not-power-vampire-thanks-nokia.html

SphincterBoy

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the DT-910 from the Microsoft store for $69. There is a promo that if you check out their phone you get $25 off a purchase over $75, so I bought a thumb drive, too.

It's really nice the way the phone sits upright while charging. It's going to look great on my desk at work.

On a related note, the rep asked which phone I have so I showed him the DNA. He was quite impressed, to the point he asked me to show it to his co-worker.

Swyped from my DNA using Tapatalk 2.

E_PEV

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. Just got the nokia dt 900 yesterday and it's definitely convenient. When charging my dna, the plates indicator light glows steady like it's supposed to but even when my phone is fully charged, it stays lit. Even this morning after about 10 hours on the charger, the light was still on although the indicator on the phone was green. Anyone else having this same experience? Thanks

FISH4RUDY88

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I just received my nokia FATBOY pillow, its the same charger, just in a canvass pouch cushion. It always stays lit. I am going to call nokia after the holidays and just clarify that this is not going to toast my beloved new phone. I will update soon.

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
These Nokia chargers are awesome! Got the 910 for my nightstand and the 900 for the livingroom. Work great!

Sent from my DROID DNA using Android Central Forums

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have two Nokia 900s, one at work, one on my night stand. Even works with the Otterbox Defender.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Just got the nokia dt 900 yesterday and it's definitely convenient. When charging my dna, the plates indicator light glows steady like it's supposed to but even when my phone is fully charged, it stays lit. Even this morning after about 10 hours on the charger, the light was still on although the indicator on the phone was green. Anyone else having this same experience? Thanks

I think it's designed this way to let you know it's 'connected'

Sent from my DROID DNA using Android Central Forums

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I have one Fatboy next to my night-stand and a DT900 in my livingroom. Thinking of getting one more to put one on my desk at work. Very convenient...makes having the usb flap actually useful so it doesn't collect any dust inside the charger plug-in.
I was actually thinking of buying one for my car too and making some sort of contraption to hold it in place...might be a bit much though.

speedy328

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have both the Nokio and Energizer chargers. I've contacted HTC support twice and they state that the phone should not be left on the charger after achieving a full charge. This seems ridiculous for a phone that has wireless charging capabilities. Anyone else heard of this or (hopefully) refute?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have both the Nokio and Energizer chargers. I've contacted HTC support twice and they state that the phone should not be left on the charger after achieving a full charge. This seems ridiculous for a phone that has wireless charging capabilities. Anyone else heard of this or (hopefully) refute?

They are basically full of crap. You can not overcharge LiIon batteries and unless the device or charger gets overly hot there is no reason to unplug when done.

DocFreud

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading, but forget where, (maybe this thread?) that some of the Qi chargers beep when a full charge is reached. I want to place one on the nightstand next to my bed. Which Qi charger is silent? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton