Qi Chargers

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember reading, but forget where, (maybe this thread?) that some of the Qi chargers beep when a full charge is reached. I want to place one on the nightstand next to my bed. Which Qi charger is silent? Thanks!

Pick up the Nokia Fatboy or Dt-900...basically the same charger but the fatboy comes with a laydown pouch. They are silent with only a very small and simple notification light that stays on while it is in use.

The LG/Energizer chargers are the ones that make the sound on full charge and initial placement of the phone...although there are how to videos on how to remove the speaker. I believe they are all within the 50-60 price range. I get a verizon accessory discount so they come out a little less.

DocFreud

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Pick up the Nokia Fatboy or Dt-900...basically the same charger but the fatboy comes with a laydown pouch. They are silent with only a very small and simple notification light that stays on while it is in use.

The LG/Energizer chargers are the ones that make the sound on full charge and initial placement of the phone...although there are how to videos on how to remove the speaker. I believe they are all within the 50-60 price range. I get a verizon accessory discount so they come out a little less.

Thanks so much for the info! I'll look at the DT-900, and I also get the corporate discount.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Doc, mine is a dual charger, I can only assume the singles operate the same.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I like the looks of it...browsed through the website a little and it looks like a lot of their products could be very useful.
Thanks for the site!

gharkay

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I have both the Nokio and Energizer chargers. I've contacted HTC support twice and they state that the phone should not be left on the charger after achieving a full charge. This seems ridiculous for a phone that has wireless charging capabilities. Anyone else heard of this or (hopefully) refute?

Brian Klug at AnandTech indicated somewhere (maybe in an article or on Twitter, I don't remember) that unlike some other devices, the Droid DNA does not properly disconnect from a wireless charger when the battery reaches its full capacity. Most phones, like the Pre Plus and Pre 2 I used to charge wirelessly, stop taking a charge once the battery is full. They then allow the battery to discharge by 5-10% (depending on the phone) before restarting the charging process. This allows the battery's voltage to drop a bit, which is good because keeping a Li-Ion battery at high voltages shortens its lifespan.

From what Brian said, it sounds like the Droid DNA does not stop charging once the battery is full. Instead, it just sits there with the full charging voltage applied to the battery at all times. This will not cause the battery to explode or anything, but my understanding is that it will somewhat shorten the overall lifespan of the battery as it is kept in a high voltage, and therefore high stress, state whenever the battery is fully charged.

I have so far not bothered to wirelessly charge my DNA because the battery usually easily gets me through a day, and plugging it in once at night is not a big hassle, but if I were to do so I would only do it when I could pull the phone off the charger once the battery was full. Maybe I worry too much :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just saw this, anyone know anything else about it?

BUILT TO TYLT

Looks nice, but I think I prefer the angle that the Nokia charger provides.

With the DNA in the Nokia charging stand, you can easily see the display from half way across the room. I'm not sure if that would be true with the angle this charger seems to keep the phone at.

My two cents...