Screen Protector for DNA

bratt23

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
For those of us who love Steinhill protectors, I emailed them about the DNA, below is their answer, so whoever would like to see them, email them , the more the better. Best screen protectors ever.

Thank you so much for contacting us here at Spigen SGP!

We appreciate your interest in our products.

We currently do not have any definite plans to release products for the HTC DNA,
but if we are able to get enough customer interest, we can definitely bring it up to our developers as a strong suggestion!

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
The ones from Verizon work fine. It did not hinder any of the on screen swyping functions and its pretty crystal clear.
I am hoping that Zagg comes out with the Extreme version for this phone.
I currently have it on my SG3 and my wife has it on her iphone5 and we like them. They are very thick and although I don't believe it's ad entirely, we did witness a hammer test (hit pretty hard) and it did not crack the screen at all.

dmandel#WN

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Skinomi for now (1/2 price of the other better vinyl products). I had to work a bit on getting the rounded glass corners down, but seems to have held well after a couple of weeks. Yes, the screen saver does impact a bit on display quality, but needing to keep this phone for almost two years leave me in a predicament on how protective I need to be. I think I prefer a simple level of protection that seeing scratches for months.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I was gonna get the ArmorSuit screen protector but it seems some people have issues with its use with a case. I would like some input on screen protectors as well.

ArmorSuit-MilitaryShield

I have the ArmorSuit, and it works fine with my Ballistic Shell case. Wouldn't say it's crystal-clear, but unless you're very nitpicky you probably won't notice a difference.

I think it's self-healing too, the scraper it came with left a bunch of nasty scratches, but they all disappeared by morning. Installation went smoothly, for a wet-apply protector.

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I have the ArmorSuit, and it works fine with my Ballistic Shell case. Wouldn't say it's crystal-clear, but unless you're very nitpicky you probably won't notice a difference.

I think it's self-healing too, the scraper it came with left a bunch of nasty scratches, but they all disappeared by morning. Installation went smoothly, for a wet-apply protector.

I just Ordered one, The stock Verizon Screen Protectors do OK but i want to try something else. I have Zagg invisible on my Evo 4g Work phone and i just don't like the feel of it.
I would not go without screen protectors just cuz of how the chemicals in the screen start to lose there hold after a few small scratches...Look at the Truth on Gorilla glass videos i have posted...i will also look into the skinomi Screen Protectors too

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Update. I my armor suit screen protector cam in.... And it is ok..... Just don't try putting any tight fitting cases on it for 24hours. First pic is of the old Verizon screen protector. After that is the new screen protector with all the stuff it comes will. I

Sent Via the Forms App on my DNA, Tab 10.1 or my OG Evo(work phone).

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357783524858.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357783524858.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 71
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357783536014.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357783536014.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 68
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357783550098.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357783550098.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 68
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357783563403.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357783563403.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 69

ten20life

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I removed the factory supplied screen protector from the Otterbox Defender and use the Bodyguardz ultra tough screen protector. Its has gel for wet application, or you can apply dry... I did it dry and it came out crystal clear, you'd never know I had anything on it... I like the way the Otterbox hides the Verizon branding...

Sent from my HTC DNA using Tapatalk2

mdb322

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
After trying a few of the generic screen protectors, ZAGG and BodyGuardz, I returned each one. Both were made of that clear bra plastic that you cant even move your finger over and looks like crap. The one fit perfectly so I used the outline of it and sent it to Photodon to make one for the DNA. I had used this company a while back to make an AG screen protector for a canon copier and was impressed with the smoothness and easy "dry" application of their protectors. They had no problem making one and it came out perfect. Hope the pics do justice. You can see there's even a cutout for the proximity sensor. The phone is in the Verizon silicone case.

Attachments

• DROID DNA - MXH.jpg
    DROID DNA - MXH.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 59
  • DROID DNA - MXH 2.jpg
    DROID DNA - MXH 2.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 226

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just an update--I've been using my ArmorSuit protector for about a month now, and it leaves permanent dimples (orange peel effect) whenever you say, ever-so-lightly graze your fingernail across the surface. The protector healed from the light scratches caused by the scraping card upon installation, but it's not so great at healing from much else. The material is fairly plush, so it damages easily. Looks absolutely terrible when the screen is off, but thankfully it doesn't seem to really impede screen clarity.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Check out spigen sgp and see if they make them for the dn a guys. I have a ultra crystal one on my note 2 and it doesn't distort the clarity at all like my zagg hd one did. They only $16 too! :thumbup::D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Check out spigen sgp and see if they make them for the dn a guys. I have a ultra crystal one on my note 2 and it doesn't distort the clarity at all like my zagg hd one did. They only $16 too! :thumbup::D

Unless Spigen goes back on their word, there will be no DNA accessories from them. It's a shame because they make great quality screen protectors

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

even without a screen protector, Samsung displays are dim and over saturated, washed out,but putting a protector on a DNA screen is covering up a thing of beauty

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Unless Spigen goes back on their word, there will be no DNA accessories from them. It's a shame because they make great quality screen protectors

even without a screen protector, Samsung displays are dim and over saturated, washed out,but putting a protector on a DNA screen is covering up a thing of beauty

+1 I was for sure they would of made screen protectors for any smartphone. And to each his own lou.. :thumbup: some folks would rather a bit of distortion on their dna then a scratch..

gug317

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Photodon is just as good as the Spigen and cheaper. It should be the only alternative choice for the DNA.
I got the photodon HD and hated it. It totally pixilated the beautiful screen and had a rough texture. I'm back to -Ghost Armor and happy.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the photodon HD and hated it. It totally pixilated the beautiful screen and had a rough texture. I'm back to -Ghost Armor and happy.

Get the regular photodon. They just adjusted the cut so it fits perfectly, and its higher quality than any other junk out there.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Is there any consensus as to the best dry application protector? I bought some crap off of eBay and it's cut too large.

EDIT: Just bought a set of photodon protectors. I hope these are nice!

Last edited:

jayhawk815

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
You guys realize it's gorilla glass 2 right? Not going to be easy to scratch.

This. I stopped using screen protectors 2 years or so ago. These are wonderful screens, let it show. I don't care how good the protector is I can always tell there is one and hate it. Have yet to really regret it either.

I would never ever, ever even consider putting a screen protector over this or any other smartphone screen. Really does nothing to protect anything and even the best make the screen look opaque and dull.

YUCK!

When I ordered my Droid DNA, I had no intention of getting a screen protector for it. Its equipped with gorilla glass 2, and shouldn't need it if you take care of your phone. At least that's what I thought. I've had it less than 2 weeks and it already has quite a few light scratches towards the top and bottom of the screen. I keep it in my pant/jean pocket with NOTHING else in it, yet it somehow keeps acquiring scratches. I had a Droid X2 for almost 2 years and never put a case or screen protector on it and it only had a few light scratches on it, about what the DNA has after less than 2 weeks. The X2 only had gorilla glass, but seemed to be much more scratch resistant. Needless to say, I've been VERY disappoint with the DNA's screen durability.

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
When I ordered my Droid DNA, I had no intention of getting a screen protector for it. Its equipped with gorilla glass 2, and shouldn't need it if you take care of your phone. At least that's what I thought. I've had it less than 2 weeks and it already has quite a few light scratches towards the top and bottom of the screen. I keep it in my pant/jean pocket with NOTHING else in it, yet it somehow keeps acquiring scratches. I had a Droid X2 for almost 2 years and never put a case or screen protector on it and it only had a few light scratches on it, about what the DNA has after less than 2 weeks. The X2 only had gorilla glass, but seemed to be much more scratch resistant. Needless to say, I've been VERY disappoint with the DNA's screen durability.

I noticed the same susceptibility even when compared to the gs3. I've been using photodon protectors for around a month now and have been generally pleased with them. Excellent optical clarity, a little thicker than your average ebay protector (take that how you will), and venally very durable. I've had the same protector on three different DNAs in that time (verizon refurbs suck) and it has been a champ. Parts of the edges may not adhere fully, but it hasn't been a issue for me. Works with both a body glove dropsuit and generic TPU s-line case.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I've noticed that its had a few scratches since I've had it also... and I wasn't planning on buying a screen protector. I still don't think I will unless I start having some serious scratches lol.