Screen Protector for DNA

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found any screen protector worth while right now? I normally like to use the steinheil screen protector and SGP also have the glas.t but I don't believe they will be making those for the DNA.

Quality I look for in screen protector.
* Be able to withstand normal wear and tear.
* Proper fit.
* Bonds well with the screen.
* Clear, no distortion.
* Longevity.

Any recommendation is appreciated.

Thank you,

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the ZAGG HD. Looks and feels really good, plus it includes a lifetime warranty. I know many others who have it, and they love it. It doesn't even seem like there's a screen protector on it.

Sent from my SCH-I535

thefireguy286

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
You guys realize it's gorilla glass 2 right? Not going to be easy to scratch.

This. I stopped using screen protectors 2 years or so ago. These are wonderful screens, let it show. I don't care how good the protector is I can always tell there is one and hate it. Have yet to really regret it either.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I understand GG2 has a high resist to scratches but knowing how I am I would sleep better at night if I have a protector on it.
SGP already email me back and told me flat out that they won't be making them for HTC DNA... if I can't find anything good, I MAY just go bare screen.... however I would really prefer not to.

Raiders Fan 223

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I understand GG2 has a high resist to scratches but knowing how I am I would sleep better at night if I have a protector on it.
SGP already email me back and told me flat out that they won't be making them for HTC DNA... if I can't find anything good, I MAY just go bare screen.... however I would really prefer not to.

Wow, props for actually emailing them. I would love the glas.tr for the DNA... its a big selling point for me for getting the iphone 5. I'm sure there will still be other good screen protectors.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I would never ever, ever even consider putting a screen protector over this or any other smartphone screen. Really does nothing to protect anything and even the best make the screen look opaque and dull.

YUCK!

Last edited:

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I would never ever, ever even consider putting a screen protector over this or any other smartphone screen. Really does nothing to protect anything and even the best make the screen look opaque and dull.

YUCK!

I am very picky about my screen protector, and if you have used any of the steinheil or glas.t you would not have made that statement. Not all screen protectors are made equal, and not all installations are the same. I do pride myself on my perfect install when I do put it on my phone. Just because you have tried a few does not mean you have tried them all.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure are better than others but they all place another layer between you and what's attempting to be displayed. Don't really see the purpose of them and even the best (Zagg, invisishield, etc) have significantly degraded the beauty of whatever screen they're on and have impaired the touch sensitivity as well.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure are better than others but they all place another layer between you and what's attempting to be displayed. Don't really see the purpose of them and even the best (Zagg, invisishield, etc) have significantly degraded the beauty of whatever screen they're on and have impaired the touch sensitivity as well.
again, I guess you have never used Steinheil or glas.t (Please don't compare them to Zagg, ghost armor, phantom skinz and other other wet application pieces of craps)

lilmoney30#WN

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
again, I guess you have never used Steinheil or glas.t (Please don't compare them to Zagg, ghost armor, phantom skinz and other other wet application pieces of craps)

I was really looking forward to getting a Steinheil ultra for the Dna.

Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I got the skinomi from Amazon, it's a wet application protector and very much like invisible shield, phantomskinz, ghost armor etc.
The installation was easy, the cut and fit was spot on, however due to the curve at the edge of the glass there was a slight peeling at the edge that trapped some lints within the first 24 hours after installation.
The wet installation dried overnight and was fairly clear, however because it's still a vinyl protector it has that rubbery feel when sliding your finger across the screen and it drags a bit.
Any indentation made to the vinyl protector does not go away, if you so much as cut into the vinyl with your finger nail; that indent will remain there and it's easily visible if you view it at a slight angle.
Today the screen protector peeled from the topper right edge when I put it in my Otter box, I ended up just remove the whole thing at this time.
I can not recommend this screen protector.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I got the skinomi from Amazon, it's a wet application protector and very much like invisible shield, phantomskinz, ghost armor etc.
The installation was easy, the cut and fit was spot on, however due to the curve at the edge of the glass there was a slight peeling at the edge that trapped some lints within the first 24 hours after installation.
The wet installation dried overnight and was fairly clear, however because it's still a vinyl protector it has that rubbery feel when sliding your finger across the screen and it drags a bit.
Any indentation made to the vinyl protector does not go away, if you so much as cut into the vinyl with your finger nail; that indent will remain there and it's easily visible if you view it at a slight angle.
Today the screen protector peeled from the topper right edge when I put it in my Otter box, I ended up just remove the whole thing at this time.
I can not recommend this screen protector.

Sorry to hear that. I only use skinomi. It has always held up for me. Works like a charm.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

YUCK!
I work as a tech in a dealership and my clothing is wash by an out source company. I have to have a screen protector due to fine metal in my clothing. Its a must have in my case due to the field I have chosen. The metal has also caused other issues along with the increased chance of scratches . During my Droid INC days the metal would get on the magnet of the speaker and cause it to crackle all the time. Running a magnet across it would pull the metal from the weaker magnet. Another post is needed for this topic.lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2