How To Use International GSM?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I apologize in advance for what is probably an overly newbie question but I was wondering if anyone could explain to me clearly how one goes about using an phone like the DNA, which has international capabilities when you go overseas or to S. America.

Do you have to buy a separate sim card from the carrier in the country you're visiting?

Do you do it all directly through Verizon?

Any idea how much calls cost when overseas?

If you could explain this as if I'm a 3rd grader I'd be really appreciative! :)

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know the answer to this as well. My guess is that the only way to use this phone internationally is through Verizon's $$$ expensive rates, using related telecom corporations such as Vodafone. I currently have an Incredible 2, and it has a removable SIM card in the back, which, if you ask Verizon to unlock the phone for you, can then be replaced with a local SIM card in other countries. Much better route for international travel!!

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know the answer to this as well. My guess is that the only way to use this phone internationally is through Verizon's $$$ expensive rates, using related telecom corporations such as Vodafone. I currently have an Incredible 2, and it has a removable SIM card in the back, which, if you ask Verizon to unlock the phone for you, can then be replaced with a local SIM card in other countries. Much better route for international travel!!

But if you pop in another sim card how do you configure it to continue to give you emails, etc. And how is data handled? Is this part of the same sim card or is there something else you have to do to be able to use the internet when not in a wi-fi area? I guess it's questions like these that cause many people just to bite the bullet and do everything through Verizon and pay the inflated prices.