Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

hammey22

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I went from OG EVO to the Note II and couldn't be happier. Build quality is quite nice and I actually don't mind the Nature UX. I was also considering the maxx, but when I found the note II was very pocketable there was no longer a question. Nice thing with the note, you can pick your carrier. With the other choices you're stuck with VZW.

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 47633

Compared to the DNA, the NOTE II is HUGE!

I don't really see that as HUGE... it's slightly taller and slightly wider. There's less of a difference between the DNA and Note 2 than there is between that iPhone and the DNA. We're talking a difference of about a centimeter here. The Note 1 was actually wider, and having seen one first hand recently, I can definitely say the Note 2 is way more palmable than that.

The Nexus 7 is HUGE compared to the DNA. The Note 2 and DNA are in the same ballpark.

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I was also torn in this situation. Coming from a gnex both the note 2 and DNA are huge step ups in terms of hardware. For me it came down to size, the note 2 is just a little big for my liking. I didn't really think too much of it until I seen a guy using one to make a phone call on campus, he just looked ridiculous (in my opinion). So I was turn off to the note at that point. Not only that but before my gnex I had a fascinate, so I'm ready to just get away from Sammy for a bit. If the DNA wouldn't have happened I'd probably just sit on my gnex for another half year or so. But this phone is just too good to pass up.

I don't get how someone looks ridiculous with a phone to their ear. The Note 2 is no different in size than using a wireless phone at your house. People don't walk around wondering if they look ridiculous with a land line on their ear. I just don't get this argument at all. It seems too many people are concerned with what other people will say with a device, which I find ridiculous. Now with that said, the Note 2 is a huge device and I can understand anyone who says it is too big for their own daily usage (hand size). I own the Note 2 and became acclimated to the size on the first day. It is by far the best OVERALL device I've owned. No phone has the resolution of the DNA so it is a moot comparison at this point.The DNA will smash all phones from this perspective.

The Note 2 fits easily in my front pockets. I haven't had one issue with bulk/ bulge. I don't use cases, therefore, this hasn't been an issue for me at all.

Battery life has been stupendous!! Aside from the Razr Maxx HD, I just don't see how a stock battery in any phone will compare. This is the first phone I've owned that I have used over a 24 hour period. You definitely get your money's worth with this phone.

At the end of the day, it comes down to your usage of a phone. I am a heavy media and internet user. The size of the Note 2 fits me perfectly, as well as, all of the added features from Samsung. I would have been tempted to buy the DNA if the Note 2 didn't exist. Now that I own the Note 2, I can't compromise battery life for anything at this point. Also, every phone I've held since feels like a toy. LOL. Good luck with your decision.

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, thank-you everyone for your posts!! I appreciate all the ideas thrown out there. My thing is, I am using it for work and home. It's got to last the full workday with moderate to heavy usage. I am a little older and the larger screen size is nice. I have had a G-Nex since it was released and quite honestly, I am not thrilled with the Samsung build quality, however, that is not a huge deal. I really do like the notification thing that can be played with - with lightflow. Until I found out about that, I was set on the DNA, however, I think I might do the Note and utilize a bluetooth earpiece - was on the NYC subway today and saw someone with one from T-Mobile - man what a gorgeous screen....also, I am on Verizon (since it's inception) and would never switch. I guess I will go by a store in the city tomorrow since it's supposed to be released tomorrow and play with one (DNA). Again - thanks everyone for all of your input!!!

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It's not that long ago when people thought 4.5" phones were unwieldy and huge too. But here we are now thinking even the 4" on the iPhone 5 is on the small side of things and 4.5-5" screens are the norm now.

It just takes some adjustment. Of course, if you have really small hands, or wear skinny jeans or something along those lines then I could see it being an issue.. but otherwise, I don't think the Note 2 is big enough to be unwieldy, personally.

It's an issue for anyone who wears non-baggy jeans, they don't have to be skinny jeans.

hammey22

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Note II is way easier in and out due to how slim it is. I don't ever carry my phone in any other manner, and this is the first phone I havent noticed in my pocket.

made possible by my note II

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't get how someone looks ridiculous with a phone to their ear. The Note 2 is no different in size than using a wireless phone at your house. People don't walk around wondering if they look ridiculous with a land line on their ear. I just don't get this argument at all.

Who uses home phones nowadays anyway? I have never had a home phone so from my point of view your argument doesn't make sense haha

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The screen size of the Note 2 puts it in an entirely different Class of phone. But the Span is what makes it truly special, I really like what HTC has done with the DNA, but I have never seen anything as amazing as my Note 2. The software is remarkable. I don't understand the argument about the poor build quality. It is top notch to me. The battery life is astounding Considering how much I use this phone. And all of this is without the multi-tasking feature that is Supposed to Come soon. Removable battery. Expandable storage. S voice. This phone has it all.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Note II is way easier in and out due to how slim it is. I don't ever carry my phone in any other manner, and this is the first phone I havent noticed in my pocket.

Perhaps you haven't had a DNA in your pocket, it's 10 mm narrower and 10mm shorter than the note 2, I'll give u the note2 is .3mm thinner
It also depends on what kind of pocket one wears

hammey22

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have all sorts, dress slacks at work to levis, and silver, and lucky. Even the shallowest pocket is just deep enough to allow me to sit without an issue. I do not wear skinny jeans so I can't speak to how that works. I can honestly say that I was just as on the fence, but can't seem to find anything I don't like about it now.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I was debating between the Note 2 and DNA, I'm not a Moto fan so the Maxx was never a thought for me.

I was never a Moto fan either, always had an htc: tilt, touch pro2 and Thunderbolt. Very happy that I didn't let my fear of Moto get in the way of getting the Maxx HD.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have all sorts, dress slacks at work to levis, and silver, and lucky. Even the shallowest pocket is just deep enough to allow me to sit without an issue. I do not wear skinny jeans so I can't speak to how that works. I can honestly say that I was just as on the fence, but can't seem to find anything I don't like about it now.

Frankly, I don't believe you. I've played with the Note II in the store. I'm normal sized guy, 6 feet tall, and that thing would not fit comfortably, if at all, in my pockets. I don't believe anyone who says the Note II fits comfortably in a pants pocket.

hammey22

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Frankly, I don't believe you. I've played with the Note II in the store. I'm normal sized guy, 6 feet tall, and that thing would not fit comfortably, if at all, in my pockets. I don't believe anyone who says the Note II fits comfortably in a pants pocket.

Yeah, I'm lying in an evil plot to embarrass your small pocketed pants. The cool thing with the note is if you don't want it, someone else will.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm lying in an evil plot to embarrass your small pocketed pants. The cool thing with the note is if you don't want it, someone else will.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Not sure what the relevance of "if you don't want it someone else will" is. I'm aware of the fact that it's a popular device. That won't make it fit comfortably in a pants pocket.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

Good for you.

Just because it doesn't fit into YOUR pockets for some reason, does not mean that it won't fit for someone else. It fits mine with room to spare. And there are several YouTube videos that show the same.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me; but your comment sounds like a child who is told that there's no Santa, but refuses to believe it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Good for you.

Just because it doesn't fit into YOUR pockets for some reason, does not mean that it won't fit for someone else. It fits mine with room to spare. And there are several YouTube videos that show the same.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me; but your comment sounds like a child who is told that there's no Santa, but refuses to believe it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

So you wear baggy pants. Or you never bend over while it's in your pocket. This is silly. Anyone who holds the Note II for a few minutes can tell it wouldn't fit into a normal jeans pocket comfortably.

You sound like someone who is trying to convince himself of something. No one is saying the Note II sucks. No need to be defensive. It seemed quite nice when I tried it. But there's no way it would fit comfortably into non-baggy pants.