Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a open line on my account I use for upgrades and such and its now eligible for an upgrade. Here's my delima, I wish to keep unlimited data so I can use the upgrade and once activated swap it to my primary line and put the dumb phone back on that line. Or I can purchase straight up now and save the upgrade for if something better comes out in the next 2-3 months.
The rest of this story is this I get a 25% discount on all phones and accessories at Verizon due to work (something they have worked out with Verizon) so the phone at upgrade price cost me 149.00 with discount or 450.00 buying straight out with my discount. Yes I can afford the full price so that's not the issue just looking for some advice from you guys here.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a open line on my account I use for upgrades and such and its now eligible for an upgrade. Here's my delima, I wish to keep unlimited data so I can use the upgrade and once activated swap it to my primary line and put the dumb phone back on that line. Or I can purchase straight up now and save the upgrade for if something better comes out in the next 2-3 months.
The rest of this story is this I get a 25% discount on all phones and accessories at Verizon due to work (something they have worked out with Verizon) so the phone at upgrade price cost me 149.00 with discount or 450.00 buying straight out with my discount. Yes I can afford the full price so that's not the issue just looking for some advice from you guys here.

Thanks in advance

Can you mate your discount with price matches? Because wirefly has the DNA for 149.99 on upgrades (I believe) so that plus your discount would be a pretty good deal. Also, I'm guessing majority of the devices that will be coming out in the next few months will have the same specs as the DNA. Except some might have a slightly bigger battery or more storage. So if those two things are important maybe just buy it outright. If not, I'd say use the upgrade.

Bowman53

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Thanks in advance

450 for the DNA is a steal. I'd jump at that personally. I didn't know they gave discounts on contract prices and full retail prices on phones, that's cool.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Where is the DNA $450

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I get a discount through my work on Verizon purchases of 25% so the phone retails at 600.00 take 25% off that or 150.00 and I get it for 450.00 plus taxes. I'm sure there be more phones out after first yr so I'm thinking I'll buy it straight out see what comes out and sell the DNA and get what ever is on the market then. I may even buy a couple of them and try make a 100.00

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I also get 25% off but they don't give it to you off the phone as far as I know only accessories.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I also get 25% off but they don't give it to you off the phone as far as I know only accessories.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

I actually get it off phones and accessories. Discounts varies per I suppose how companies have it set up thru Verizon.

lazarus2297

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to purchase the phone on a website through your employer or can you use that discount in the retail stores?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to purchase the phone on a website through your employer or can you use that discount in the retail stores?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

I can go to the Verizon store or Verizon online and purchase phones or accessories and get my discount as they ring up the products I'm purchasing.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I can go to the Verizon store or Verizon online and purchase phones or accessories and get my discount as they ring up the products I'm purchasing.

That's... pretty crazy. I'm with the other guy, I also get 25% but accessories only. If you can do that, buy 10 of them and sell them on ebay each for $500.

Actually, I'll pay you $500 if that's true.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
That's... pretty crazy. I'm with the other guy, I also get 25% but accessories only. If you can do that, buy 10 of them and sell them on ebay each for $500.

Actually, I'll pay you $500 if that's true.

Yea I didn't know about the discount on the phones itself until I purchased my rezound and I got the discount then along with the ext battery which was already on sale and the otterbox box case. I'd be willing to help guys out here on cost if you pay the shipping and yea I'd sell em for say 50.00 over my cost which be 450.00 plus sales tax. Not sure who or how many bite on the offer as you have pay me first and I'd go buy the phone and ship it to ya via USPS priority mail with insurance and a delivery confirmation and signature.
Probably more trouble on my end but I'm willing to help anyone I can on saving money.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Yea I didn't know about the discount on the phones itself until I purchased my rezound and I got the discount then along with the ext battery which was already on sale and the otterbox box case. I'd be willing to help guys out here on cost if you pay the shipping and yea I'd sell em for say 50.00 over my cost which be 450.00 plus sales tax. Not sure who or how many bite on the offer as you have pay me first and I'd go buy the phone and ship it to ya via USPS priority mail with insurance and a delivery confirmation and signature.
Probably more trouble on my end but I'm willing to help anyone I can on saving money.

What a guy!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

droidbeat

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I was told the 25% discount only applied to subsidized prices for 2-yr contracts. I had to pay the full retail of $599.99. But, I can still get discounts on the accessories.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I was told the 25% discount only applied to subsidized prices for 2-yr contracts. I had to pay the full retail of $599.99. But, I can still get discounts on the accessories.

I'll find out tomorrow on that as I've never purchased a phone at full price before. I know my 25% does work at the subsidized price. Once I get into Verizon in the morning I'll know more on if my discount works at full price or not.

droidbeat

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll find out tomorrow on that as I've never purchased a phone at full price before. I know my 25% does work at the subsidized price. Once I get into Verizon in the morning I'll know more on if my discount works at full price or not.

Cool, please let us know how it turns out. I had assumed I could get the discount on any new phone (subsidized or not). But, it wasn't to be. If this VZW person was mistaken, I'd certainly like to know so I can get my $150 back. :)

Optimus Nexus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I sold my S3 and bought the DNA for the full $599 retail price. If you can afford it and you worked out your financials where you can make the purchase, I would say buy it full retail and save the upgrade for maybe the DNA+ or something, lol.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I didn't purchase the DNA today I did take a long hard look at the phone and swept thru the menus and played with it as much as I could and I was just about to purchase the phone and it hit me to check signal strength. So I pulled up the menu made sure WiFi was off and checked the dBm on the phone and compared it to my rezound side by side and sadly to say the DNA signal was weaker than the rezound on avg of 10 dBm that may not sound like much but I already live in a weak area and I need all the signal strength I can get. So unfortunately I'm letting the phone go to the way side and wait to see what comes out in the near future. You guys who got the phone enjoy and I hope it serves you well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084