Post your home screens!

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, how do you change what icons look like? I hate the default message icon and prefer the green smile face thingy. I have beautiful widgets but don't see that one in there.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, how do you change what icons look like? I hate the default message icon and prefer the green smile face thingy. I have beautiful widgets but don't see that one in there.

download a launcher and you can change the icon. Nova is a popular one.

Here is my screen shot

H5PFy7zVR42u1f7CLsa-JyHwEBPI430B06P3Do28Vp4

Last edited:

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What music widget is that in the middle? I only have the small 4x1 widget for Google Music?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
the one on the OP's screen shot is poweramp, you can download that at the playstore, if you use different type of internet radio and they will all have their own widgets. such as pandora or spotify

marcusjpitts

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
the one on the OP's screen shot is poweramp, you can download that at the playstore, if you use different type of internet radio and they will all have their own widgets. such as pandora or spotify

The one on page 2 with the black/white dotted background. I was wondering if Google Music had another widget I didn't know about.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What music widget is that in the middle? I only have the small 4x1 widget for Google Music?

That is actually one of the Google Play Store library widgets (My Music library widget to be precise). It should come stock with the phone.

Wesiswes

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine are pretty basic. I don't do a whole lot of clutter on the home screens. Which means I have lots of empty space.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353696479983.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353696479983.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 920
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353696495241.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353696495241.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 928

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Nova but I still don't see how you can change the icons. I don't see the green smile thingy as an option to replace the messenger icon.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Nova but I still don't see how you can change the icons. I don't see the green smile thingy as an option to replace the messenger icon.

try go launcher ex. that one has crazy features on it. Nova launcher is more of a stock Android 4.x launcher. Gives the feel of a nexus or stock android.(you can download a icon pack.. long press the icon and hit edit to change the icon in nova launcher) Go launcher has a lot of stuff. i dont like it. tends to be lag. but with the quaddy s4Pro i dont think it will be as bad as the gingerbread days.

Oh i forgot about ADW. it has changed alot. always had great options and icon packs. try that one if you like to change the icons and stuff. hope this helps you somewhat

Last edited:

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
download a launcher and you can change the icon. Nova is a popular one.

Here is my screen shot http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee409/jerryperng/Screenshot_2012-11-23-11-19-43.png

Absoluterly love this as it looks like my iphone. I am moving to android next week deciding on the DNA or the note 2 and was wondering, would this be achievable with either phone? I am so confused with launchers, widgets, changing icons, etc. I LOVE your home screen. Do you mind sharing (or private message) the downloads you used? Would be incredibly appreciated.

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
my home screen using golauncher ex (which has its own screenshot capability)

2012-11-23_16_53_11.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

It's Google Play widget which you should have but it won't work on the Sense launcher but works on Nova. Just long press and select Google Play the your music and resize to your liking. It will only show your music from Google.

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Nova settings - Look and Feel - Icon Theme, what do you have listed under there? If I'm not mistaken, the green messaging smiley is part of the Jelly Bean icons.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Nova settings - Look and Feel - Icon Theme, what do you have listed under there? If I'm not mistaken, the green messaging smiley is part of the Jelly Bean icons.

Thanks I figured it out! The Launcher program takes a bit to get use to. Does anyone know if Nova or another launcher program will give back the ability to scroll the wallpaper when going between the home screens. I am so shocked that this was taken away...it was so cool.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar