Post your home screens!

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I figured it out! The Launcher program takes a bit to get use to. Does anyone know if Nova or another launcher program will give back the ability to scroll the wallpaper when going between the home screens. I am so shocked that this was taken away...it was so cool.

It doesn't appear to be working even though the option is selected in Nova settings. Not sure if it has something to do with Sense or if Nova just isn't compatible with it. I kind of wish we had scrolling wallpapers working as well.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Bill1967

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm still messing with mine but this is it for now.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353792871936.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353792871936.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 211

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
a3ebehyq.jpg

jedge

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
screenshot2012112422411.png

Here's mine. I wanted to go with a red/black/white theme to go with the phone aesthetics.
I'm using ADW Launcher... because i used it for years on my DX. Might try Nova later.
I don't know why the two battery widgets have different numbers, probably because one "learns" the battery calibration over time instead of relying on android telling it.... supposed to be more accurate, not sure.

Widgets:
Circle Battery Widget
Beautiful Widgets (with FlipClock Red skin)
Desktop Visualizer -and- ThaIconUltimate
Clarus Signal -and- Clarus Widgets
Wallpaper is just the default "Weather" Live Wallpaper included with the phone.

I didn't mind HTC Sense 4+ too much, i like the widgets a lot and wish I could keep them. But being limited to a 4 x 4 grid of icons is just stupid. Heck, even the iFruit shows 4 x 5 now!!

*p.s., if this is anyone else's first ICS phone the screenshot function is a bit tricky at first. As the op wrote, you press the power and volume-down buttons at the same time. Took me a few tries to get it (phone kept turning off). Try to press them both at the exact same time and hold them down for about 1/2 second, let go, wait another 1/4 second and you'll hear/see the screenshot being taken. It'll be in your Gallery. Even easier, your last screenshot will show in your notifications... with a handy "upload" button too! I love ICS!, can't wait for JB.

Last edited:

jedge

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see a thread yet for it, so why not start one?

To take a screenshot, press and hold the power button + volume (down) at the same time.

Here's mine to start.
http://i.imgur.com/GSxWp.jpg?1

Widget List (top to bottom):
1. Beautiful Widgets (Roboto Clear clock skin)
2. Simple Calendar
3. BeWeather Pro
4. Taptu
5. PowerAmp

Running Nova Launcher.

Awesome job combining aesthetics and functionality.
Sometimes i think people's goals when customizing their android is to make it 1) gorgeous and 2) incomprehensibly useless.

Question: how did you get all the widgets to show the same partially transparent background?, is it part of the wallpaper?
thanks.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Awesome job combining aesthetics and functionality.
Sometimes i think people's goals when customizing their android is to make it 1) gorgeous and 2) incomprehensibly useless.

Question: how did you get all the widgets to show the same partially transparent background?, is it part of the wallpaper?
thanks.

Thanks! Actually each of the white translucent backgrounds are widgets themselves. Essentially I just created multiple UCCW 4x1 widgets, each set with a white background @ 50% transparency, and then overlapped all the other widgets on top of each. Works better I think than setting them on the wallpaper itself given that I use other widgets on other screens which wouldn't look good with it. My wallpaper also rotates every hour using an app called Wallpaper Changer.

marcusjpitts

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know how to get the exact clock/weather widget from sense 4 so I can use it on Nova Launcher. When I had my thunderbolt there were apks I could install that worked.

I tried beautiful widgets and hd widgets but they don't look as good.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Anybody know how to get the exact clock/weather widget from sense 4 so I can use it on Nova Launcher. When I had my thunderbolt there were apks I could install that worked.

I'm surprised you can't find one in Beautiful Widgets -- there's only like a bazillion choices between the 'Standard Skins' and 'Featured Skins' options for BW.

Have you looked at Fancy Widgets yet? Fairly Sense-like. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd&token=Rn4PWvBa

lX4lnKZ1zGcCVrnURb1TlIDkeDbjkxI2sNKcey5hjCklAvCYoutKg0DzqC3iY9k2Ug

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

There were a couple APK's I remember floating around and one was at XDA but that one has stopped working and the other I don't remember where is was. Beautiful and HD are probably the top two so you might not find anything better :(

marcusjpitts

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised you can't find one in Beautiful Widgets -- there's only like a bazillion choices between the 'Standard Skins' and 'Featured Skins' options for BW.

Have you looked at Fancy Widgets yet? Fairly Sense-like. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd&token=7bpadwqo

https://lh5.ggpht.com/lX4lnKZ1zGcCVrnURb1TlIDkeDbjkxI2sNKcey5hjCklAvCYoutKg0DzqC3iY9k2Ug

Yeah they just don't look the same. I guess I can live with though.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353965215767.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353965215767.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 144

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1353967359300.jpg
Cool clouds showing in live wall papers. Everyone of y'alls is looking great.

jedge

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Actually each of the white translucent backgrounds are widgets themselves. Essentially I just created multiple UCCW 4x1 widgets, each set with a white background @ 50% transparency, and then overlapped all the other widgets on top of each. Works better I think than setting them on the wallpaper itself given that I use other widgets on other screens which wouldn't look good with it. My wallpaper also rotates every hour using an app called Wallpaper Changer.

Do you mean this:
Google Play: Ultimate Custom Widget

Holy cow there's a 1000+ page post on this thing in XDA!!
[WIDGET][UCCW][THEME] UCCW - Ultimate custom clock - skins - xda-developers
... looks like fun :p

jedge

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah they just don't look the same. I guess I can live with though.

I know what you mean. I've used Beautiful Widgets for years but this is my first Sense phone with the real thing. And there's just something about that Sense clock widget that noone has nailed yet. The flipping motion for one thing is cool.

What widget is that for wifi, brightness, etc.? Looks great...I've been using Extended Controls

Those are just the default control widgets that come with Sense 4+.
I like them, but it's kinda weird that they have WiFi and AutoSync toggle in both.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary