Real World Battery Use Results...

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
They're at vZ store looking at where they got it wrong, We threw the dice (early buyers) and it paid off this time.
The standby is incredible (lose 5-10% overnight), from my tbolt overnight it would die (bad signal here) but I don't even need to plug it in, oh that's right I don't, Just set it on the charging pad !

Losing 10% overnight seems like a lot to me. The Maxx HD loses like 3% overnight.

Tinostre

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Loving my DNA, no worries about the battery, it lasts longer than we all expected. I recommend keeping it on WiFi when it's available. It should give you a few more hours of life compared to 4G.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Losing 10% overnight seems like a lot to me. The Maxx HD loses like 3% overnight.

Comparing just about anything to the battery life of the Maxx HD will result in favoring the Maxx obviously. My Gnex lost between 20-50% overnight. Other phones are the same or worse. 10% is not bad at all ..

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Loving my DNA, no worries about the battery, it lasts longer than we all expected. I recommend keeping it on WiFi when it's available. It should give you a few more hours of life compared to 4G.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

A nice thing about the Razr is that you can use whatever connection you want whenever you want, and leave things turned on whenever you feel like it, and you still never run out during the day.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Comparing just about anything to the battery life of the Maxx HD will result in favoring the Maxx obviously. My Gnex lost between 20-50% overnight. Other phones are the same or worse. 10% is not bad at all ..

I had a Droid 2 with a 1440 mAh battery and even that didn't lose "20-50%" overnight.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
19 h 25 m now at 49%. No streaming on Bluetooth or 3g, just Wi-Fi.

This phone won't last a typical day for me but the wife will get this when I get the note 2.

The Nottinator

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I could see having a problem with the battery if they didn't make a phone with a charging port!, i honestly can't believe the most important thing for most people with a phone is the battery! Plug the damn thing in! It never killed me that my og evo got maybe 8 hrs, that's because they have electrical outlets installed in most or maybe even all buildings and homes!
Sorry about the rant, but can't we just be happy with or devices and use your time getting pissed about not getting updates and fixes quicker? Lol

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I could see having a problem with the battery if they didn't make a phone with a charging port!, i honestly can't believe the most important thing for most people with a phone is the battery! Plug the damn thing in! It never killed me that my og evo got maybe 8 hrs, that's because they have electrical outlets installed in most or maybe even all buildings and homes!
Sorry about the rant, but can't we just be happy with or devices and use your time getting pissed about not getting updates and fixes quicker? Lol

You do understand that allot of people don't sit in thier house or an office all day long!

At the end of a long day, you go out for drinks with friends, do you take a charger with you? Do you keep track of everywhere you plug in? That is bsolutely stupid! Put a big enough effing battery to not have to worry about it! I can't believe the most important thing for people like you is not battery! You and the other "pluggers" on here are defending inconvenience! It defies logic. If you can have a bigger battery, why would you not want it?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

For folks that don't have access to power outlets for long periods, battery is a concern. For those that DO have access, I would agree with you, it makes little sense to complain much.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
You do understand that allot of people don't sit in thier house or an office all day long!

At the end of a long day, you go out for drinks with friends, do you take a charger with you? Do you keep track of everywhere you plug in? That is bsolutely stupid! Put a big enough effing battery to not have to worry about it! I can't believe the most important thing for people like you is not battery! You and the other "pluggers" on here are defending inconvenience! It defies logic. If you can have a bigger battery, why would you not want it?

Umm, I'm a plumber who is going from house to house all day, that my little Buddie is what a car charger is for! Please get over your battery issues and life for you will be soooooooo much better, and I'm not saying bigger is not better, I'm saying what is in there is in there, deal with it, not whine about it! :banghead:

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site

If it had a bigger battery you would still that it didn't have a big enough battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Umm, I'm a plumber who is going from house to house all day, that my little Buddie is what a car charger is for! Please get over your battery issues and life for you will be soooooooo much better, and I'm not saying bigger is not better, I'm saying what is in there is in there, deal with it, not whine about it! :banghead:

Deal with it, yes that works! These manufacturers will get it eventually! Charging a phone for 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there is just insanity! It isn't 1987. We don't have to do that. I mean if there was no physical way to accomplish that then I get it, but to sacrifice usability for what they are saying is design, is crazy.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

8 hours on the evo?

You are one of those people that doesn't really use the phone.

I couldn't even get 2 this with that phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21