Impulse purchased a DNA. Mixed feelings.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to be rude, but how do people afford to buy multiple phones like that? I could barely afford my gs3 at the promo price of 350 n that was making payments over a month. I WISH I had money to blow like that.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

You can resell your old phones on ebay easily. You can either pay just a few bucks to switch or sometimes actually make money.

The last phone I paid money for was the original iPhone. Since then I've made money each time I upgraded to a new phone; original iPhone -> 3G -> 4 -> GNexus.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I know it wad rude when I said it. But still needed to be said.. this kid must be 15 to continously bash a product that he isn't going to buy. You don't see anyone on Motorola forums who don't actually own the phone complaining about its short comings.. just obnoxious to have someone in a forum that's meant for people who own the phone to help and assist others that other own it or are getting feedback from people who own it to determine if it's a right fit for them. No need for someone who has neither intention to be on here.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

are you kidding? have you ever read any other forum on this site? if you are insinuating that i am the only one trolling on the site and it has not happened in the moto forums, you must be one of the guys that bought a DNA!!!! i didnt know these frums were ONLY for people who owned the device! LOL. makes as much sense as packing a 2020 battery into the most powerful android handset!!!

also, you know you guys dont HAVE to respond to every post i make! but, you want to so bad... and so the cycle goes!

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
No it didn't. Take the high road. Let the other guy be a jerk.

- Mark

how have i been a jerk? annoying yeah..... jerk? i havent called anyone names. i havent said you guys purchased the wrong phone. i have continually expressed my disbelief that a super power phone could have two GLARING omissions!!!! it is hard to believe given the current economic climate and these major tech companies (HTC especially) struggle to get peoples money that they would miss on two key ingredients. how is that so hard for you guys to understand? oh i dont know, because i am always by an outlet so it doesnt matter!!! LOL

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Its a glaring issue for u hence why u didn't buy.. its not an issue to people who did buy.. I got 15 hours of use yesterday out of my DNA. Screen on time 4 hours and still had 25% life. My only gripe could be lack of sd card but even that is do able if smart about.

markewallace

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
how have i been a jerk? annoying yeah..... jerk?

I was generalizing by saying "the other guy." I don't think there is ever any call for the "stfu" stuff on a forum, no matter what kind of jerk "the other guy" is being.

That said, I also don't draw much of a distinction between "annoying" and "jerk." If you can admit that you're being annoying, perhaps you should rethink your approach.

- Mark

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
how have i been a jerk? annoying yeah..... jerk? i havent called anyone names. i havent said you guys purchased the wrong phone. i have continually expressed my disbelief that a super power phone could have two GLARING omissions!!!! it is hard to believe given the current economic climate and these major tech companies (HTC especially) struggle to get peoples money that they would miss on two key ingredients. how is that so hard for you guys to understand? oh i dont know, because i am always by an outlet so it doesnt matter!!! LOL

I understand your point and agree with you there. It is strange that HTC puts out a phone that compromises it somewhat.........it has to be Verizon that limited this phone as the overseas version clearly has the goodies.

The Nottinator

enfuego360

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I did buy a DNA. Also buying a note 2.

you are a person who a lot of people would like to hear from. please post your thoughts after using each phone for a bit. I'd like to hear the positives and negatives of each phone from a regular person (meaning not a tech reviewer) that has used both phones extensively. i hope to see a post from you and others that are in the same situation.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I was generalizing by saying "the other guy." I don't think there is ever any call for the "stfu" stuff on a forum, no matter what kind of jerk "the other guy" is being.

That said, I also don't draw much of a distinction between "annoying" and "jerk." If you can admit that you're being annoying, perhaps you should rethink your approach.

- Mark

I should of not abbreviated stfu. What I meant was shut the fanboy up...

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
you are a person who a lot of people would like to hear from. please post your thoughts after using each phone for a bit. I'd like to hear the positives and negatives of each phone from a regular person (meaning not a tech reviewer) that has used both phones extensively. i hope to see a post from you and others that are in the same situation.

Will do.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I should of not abbreviated stfu. What I meant was shut the fanboy up...

yes, im sure thats what you meant! i dont care if you told me worse, you know why? it is the internet!!! nothing more nothing less. we are a bunch of geeky phone fans who get passionate about......phones. LOL! i dont know why i like them so much. i mean i am in the technology business, but it is just a phone! oh well, i guess it is ok to tell someone to STFU, but it is definitely NOT ok to post a joke about flyfishing jacket to hold all of your accesories and a portable generator to plug into!!!!!! i guess the DNA fans have a problem with logic. period!

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Nexus and I ordered the DNA. I just havent decide if I want to keep it or return it for Note 2. I figure I would give a try for about a week and see if I like it.
Same here but its going back I like the note2 better. I think its sense that I'm not liking on this phone also the button on top is something else. While the screen is amazing its not enough to make me keep the phone.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
yes, im sure thats what you meant! i dont care if you told me worse, you know why? it is the internet!!! nothing more nothing less. we are a bunch of geeky phone fans who get passionate about......phones. LOL! i dont know why i like them so much. i mean i am in the technology business, but it is just a phone! oh well, i guess it is ok to tell someone to STFU, but it is definitely NOT ok to post a joke about flyfishing jacket to hold all of your accesories and a portable generator to plug into!!!!!! i guess the DNA fans have a problem with logic. period!

If technology business you mean geek squad, best buy mobile or radioshack that doesn't count.. :p

I work in wireless field and have for past four years.. tech support for Verizon wireless.. sales for Verizon wireless. And now a marketing company managing different areas and training wireless employees on products.

You sure are entertaining though ill give you that much.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
If technology business you mean geek squad, best buy mobile or radioshack that doesn't count.. :p

I work in wireless field and have for past four years.. tech support for Verizon wireless.. sales for Verizon wireless. And now a marketing company managing different areas and training wireless employees on products.

You sure are entertaining though ill give you that much.

no geek squad here!! i own a custom electronic integration business. we sell high end distributed audio and video systems, home theaters, and home automation systems.

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here but its going back I like the note2 better. I think its sense that I'm not liking on this phone also the button on top is something else. While the screen is amazing its not enough to make me keep the phone.
I know I haven't had the GN2 but I hear that Samsungs plastics are legendary. If I get rid of the DNA I will be sad to see the build quality go. I plan to put them side by side. So far Sense is ok but I have seen some dips in framerate.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have to have expanded memory. That's ridiculous on HTC to short change a highend device. I am looking forward to March 28th when I get the Note2. I love HTC but I think the Note2 will meet my expectations.
Everyone has their needs in a device. There are no wrong choices. We pick what is best for us. Same with everything we buy. Respect everyone. Encourage
Help to learn without attitude. Be a team

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have to have expanded memory. That's ridiculous on HTC to short change a highend device. I am looking forward to March 28th when I get the Note2. I love HTC but I think the Note2 will meet my expectations.
Everyone has their needs in a device. There are no wrong choices. We pick what is best for us. Same with everything we buy. Respect everyone. Encourage
Help to learn without attitude. Be a team

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Well, There's no expanded memory on anything with 3.2 and up. All that stores on there is pics n music.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~