Second time today with "no sim" error notification. Anyone else?

djm65

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes it happened to me yesterday and this morning, restart fixes it. Stopped at a Verizon store , the CSR pulled out SIM card cleaned off fingertips and placed back in. So far so good.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me last night (after first reporting a puk lock error). Verizon replaced the SIM and the error hasn't reoccured yet. This does seem pretty common for the DNA though.

Sent from my Droid DNA

Daniel Wallace

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
i guess this same issue is on going with this and the gs3 upon looking up no sim error verizon most are of the gs3 . so this falls onto verizon not the maker as was speculated in other threads its very annoying !! :(

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Keep an eye on how the SIM is handled when they install it. I have seen VZW employees very careful not to handle the contacts and have actually watched one handle the contacts and then lick it and wipe it on his pants!!! And we wonder why there is SIM issues.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Had this happen to me. I noticed the SIM door wasn't completely flush with the top of the phone. All I did was push the SIM door in a little further with my finger nail and haven't had a problem since.

Wife had the same problem as well and solution above seemed to fix her too

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Seems the folks at vZ are being a bit lax on installing these (he did mine but I am ok), trend is a reseat fixes the problem.. we'll see in a few weeks if people have recurring issue

mithed

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The SIM on the DNA is embedded. The reps in the store shouldn't have to handle it at all. If you continue to get NO SIM errors try taking out the sim then starting up the phone without the sim installed. Once it's started up you can shut down and install the sim and restart. This should help with most of the issues.

VVoltz

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the PUK Locked error the second day I had this phone, the Verizon Rep restarted the phone and it has worked so far. Knock on wood.