Which SMS app?

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been going back and forth between goSMS Pro and the stock messenger. Which do people prefer? I like goSMS because i can reply right in the popup, or just delete it from there. But the pop up can also be annoying as it might interrupt what i'm doing.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been going back and forth between goSMS Pro and the stock messenger. Which do people prefer? I like goSMS because i can reply right in the popup, or just delete it from there. But the pop up can also be annoying as it might interrupt what i'm doing.

you can disable popups in gosms

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I've just used the stock messenger app. Works well and looks good. Don't really care for a pop-up window that third party apps offer. I found it in intrusive during my personal use.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Although I have used both handcent and GoSMS, I still just use the stock app. It does everything I need... And it just works.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Note, I use handcent and will continue to, (I actually have a paid account for whatever that buys me lol) I will mention there is a bug in landscape mode, I've contacted the developer where the keyboard isn't scaled properly, actually it's hard to explain cuz all the lettering gets skewed, but a twist to portrait fixes it. I have another thread on 'scaling apps) that we know were going to pop up.. but my vote for SMS/MMS is Handcent also .

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I used Handcent on my first Android, GoSMS on my second... and I think I'm going to stick with stock on this one. It seems that they each have pluses and minuses, but in the end, it doesn't really matter. So, I'll just stick with stock until I get bored of it. ;)

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I haveused both handcent and go sms. Since my galaxy nexus I've used Verizon messages. No frills but it handles group messaging with iphones better than any app. The recent update actually improves the interface a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678