I am taking off this battery door.

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Never thought that it would bother me but is annoying as hell. After my two weeks is up it is a wrap for this thing. Who is with me?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Never thought that it would bother me but is annoying as hell. After my two weeks is up it is a wrap for this thing. Who is with me?

I'll be getting a wireless charging pad shortly. That will solve the issue for me. But i agree, its terribly annoying.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I bite my nails BAD, so for me to have to ask my wife to open the charging port drives me crazy.. But as nestafaria mentioned, I too will be getting a charging pad. Makes it all better :). I think this is why they included that door to drive people crazy enough to buy a charging pad, look in the next two weeks HTC will be selling their own version of one haha.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I thought you were originally talking about the actual back of the device, not the usb port door. That would have been interesting to see. I don't mind it, easy to get off. the probem with mine is that it doesn't sit flush when I close it, so ill probably tear it off soon.

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So if u take it off then have problems with the DNA. Will you get in trouble for breaking off a piece when you return the phone??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
So if u take it off then have problems with the DNA. Will you get in trouble for breaking off a piece when you return the phone??
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Good point. But on the flip side could you also use it as an excuse to get a new one? I.e. you tell them your usb door fell off and you would like a new phone with one the keep crud out/ increase water resistance etc.

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just did it

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354043487368.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354043487368.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 421

AMDman18

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only person alive who actually LIKES the cover? I really love the way it smooths over the connection so there are no unsightly usb ports. I also don't find it that difficult to remove and lock back, and I also keep my nails short

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only person alive who actually LIKES the cover? I really love the way it smooths over the connection so there are no unsightly usb ports. I also don't find it that difficult to remove and lock back, and I also keep my nails short

I like it, but mine isn't completely flush. I only fiddle with the thing once a day anyway, so it'll stay.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
For those who did remove that horrible cover could you please tell us if you cut it off or yanked it out. I would imagine yanking it out would be the better option because there wouldn't be any stub left attached to the hinge portion.

I will probably do it once I'm past my 14 day window.

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ripped mine out. There is a little stub if you look close tho

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1