I am taking off this battery door.

scarrow666

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only person alive who actually LIKES the cover? I really love the way it smooths over the connection so there are no unsightly usb ports. I also don't find it that difficult to remove and lock back, and I also keep my nails short

I also like that it at least makes the bottom of the phone flush. I bought a couple of Energizer charging pads and I'm not looking back... :)

jedge

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Geez it's not that bad.
And in a month or two when manufacturers catch up and start making Qi charging pads en-masse i'll be glad i left it on.

lol, i too was expecting to find pictures of someone taking a dremel tool to the back of the DNA to get to the battery... speaking of which, has anyone online torn this thing apart yet?, i'd love to see the internals.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
What about when you need to charge it in a car while it is in an auto dock holder. That is my problem. I have wireless chargers at home but this door makes zero sense unless HTC is releasing an auto dock that wirelessly charges the phone. I wish that all of us long time Android users had enough money to create our own line of smartphones because we would definitely create products that have been tested with real users in mind and would actually make sense. I'll take half of the engineers salary at HTC and help them create a smartphone that actually works the way end users need them too. Who is with me?

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well after some extensive use, the battery door came off on its own. I had to yank off the stub, so no more door for me. Oh well, no big deal.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This is just a random thought but if the door was there for water resistance, shouldn't there be a similar door or plug over the headphone jack? I mean it's a big open hole on the phone that water can get in.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
What about when you need to charge it in a car while it is in an auto dock holder.
Right now, I use a charging pad, so I actually like the door. But when I find a car dock I like, that will be the deciding factor on whether or not this door stays on. Hopefully, there will be a dock with a built in charging pad, but I don't think that will happen.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Well after some extensive use, the battery door came off on its own. I had to yank off the stub, so no more door for me. Oh well, no big deal.

This doesn't surprise me. After 2 weeks of on, off mine is getting pretty flimsy now too..

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This is just a random thought but if the door was there for water resistance, shouldn't there be a similar door or plug over the headphone jack? I mean it's a big open hole on the phone that water can get in.

I saw a video, where the company dropped an IPad and a Nexus 7 into a tub filled with water!

They left it in there a couple of minutes, then removed both of them.

The IPad turned on, and worked, but there was no sound. The Nexus 7, however, worked fine, sound and all!

Both obviously had headphone jacks, unprotected....

(This video is on YouTube, and is for a company that provides after market insurance for tablets)

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone here tried to have there phone replaced because of the USB door breaking off?

Mine just broke off this morning

No, but I will add that mine just broke off last night. Really not a concern for me, I think it's going to happen to most everyone at some point, seeing as how many people have already posted that this has happened to them.

Sent from Tapatalk on my HTC Droid DNA

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I got the wireless charger and haven't had to open the thing for over two weeks. I have to say the wireless charger is so nice. I didnt think of it as a big thing when I got the phone but now that I have it. I wouldn't go back to wires anymore. A must have in my books.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only person alive who actually LIKES the cover? I really love the way it smooths over the connection so there are no unsightly usb ports. I also don't find it that difficult to remove and lock back, and I also keep my nails short

I like it.
(Of course for charging, I use wireless)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine broke off the first day, otherwise I would have kept it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Sooner or later all of them are just going to get broken off just from bending it its only a thin plastic teather. They should have done a sliding door hatch that would have made more sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki