Is there a launcher that works well with the DNA?

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been toying around with Nova for about a month...I rarely spend $ on apps, but I think it'll be worth upgrading to Prime.
I haven't tried any other launcher, but I am very happy with Nova.

liquid29

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I ended up going with Holo after having a lot of crashing with both Apex and Nova. Before the DNA, I was a big fan of Apex. May go back to it after the latest update.

jerseykirby

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am currently not rooted due to taking the OTA update, does anyone know how to shut down the original Sense launcher so I stop getting the red notification on Nova?

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I am currently not rooted due to taking the OTA update, does anyone know how to shut down the original Sense launcher so I stop getting the red notification on Nova?

Get launcher switcher, set Nova as your home launcher, and to be sure you don't get any more notifications goto settings>apps >all >HTC Sense>clear defaults.

I run Nova on my DNA and have never gotten any Sense notifications.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

oOMavrikOo

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm switching the the DNA from my RAZR on Monday. Whenever I get this notification I have to clear defaults, set the third party launcher as the default, then open recent apps and swipe away the stock launcher to clear it from memory.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to change the default in nova from the settings menu. See screenshot...Set Default Home.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362866264995.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362866264995.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 42

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Holo launcher. I've tried them all and Holo is the one I keep returning to. It's clean, no frills and fast.

I'm trying HOLO launcher HD right now, it seems pretty quick. I'll let everyone know in a few days how it compares to NOVA.

Edit: I do notice a lag with HOLO when I exit some apps, I'll update as needed.

Last edited:

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I switched back to NOVA, HOLO lagged too much after leaving some of my apps, including AC

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone running Action Launcher Pro? It seems to work well most of the time but crashes occasionally.

Sent from my HTC DNA.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone running Action Launcher Pro? It seems to work well most of the time but crashes occasionally.

Sent from my HTC DNA.

It seems to run pretty well for me, but it lacks the customization options offered by the other launchers. I do like the App icon in the upper left that opens up the app menu, but that one feature isn't enough for me to stick with it. As I mentioned before, ever since ADW EX was updated to work with ICS and above, it's my go-to launcher. The free version doesn't have as many customization options as the Pro version, but it's worth giving a try to see if the pro version is worth it.

HOWEVER, if I want to do some really creative home screens, like you see on mycolorscreen.com, then I switch to Nova, which I prefer over Apex. I'm interested in checking out TSF Shell and Next Launcher, but 15 minutes isn't enough time to get a feel for a launcher before getting a refund. Anyone have any input on either of these two?

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It seems to run pretty well for me, but it lacks the customization options offered by the other launchers. I do like the App icon in the upper left that opens up the app menu, but that one feature isn't enough for me to stick with it. As I mentioned before, ever since ADW EX was updated to work with ICS and above, it's my go-to launcher. The free version doesn't have as many customization options as the Pro version, but it's worth giving a try to see if the pro version is worth it.

HOWEVER, if I want to do some really creative home screens, like you see on mycolorscreen.com, then I switch to Nova, which I prefer over Apex. I'm interested in checking out TSF Shell and Next Launcher, but 15 minutes isn't enough time to get a feel for a launcher before getting a refund. Anyone have any input on either of these two?

Next Launcher still needs some help, it will occasionally slow to a crawl, freeze or force close, I don't know much about TSF. I agree with Nova over Apex, seems Nova is a little quicker.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
If anyone is interested, Next Launcher is on sale in the Play Store this weekend.

Sent from my DNA

Next Launcher looks real nice mightyfacundo, but it still needs a good bit of work, and still tends to get laggy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11