Sticker on the back

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
How are you all handling these? Already one corner of mine is starting to peel away, and I'm inclined to just yank the sucker off of there before I lose it altogether.

jedge

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I think it's like a mattress tag. Legally it has to be on there at some point, but i don't think a swat team will bust down your door and haul you away if you take it off. :)

above poster takes no responsibility if you do get arrested

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
First thing i did as soon as i took it out of box!
even before turning it on....!
its the same info on your boxes UPC...

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I took it off immediately. I attached it to the box and stuck it in a closet.

I wouldn't just throw it away, as it's probably a good idea to have all that info recorded somewhere.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
There is no reason to not remove it, it won't void your warranty, BUT you need to save it.. if you decide to unlock your boot loader (at some point) you will need the last digit of the IMEI to get your token from HTC Dev. This doesn't fully show up in the 'about phone' it truncates that last digit ;-) and you don't want to use the wrong number.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
There is no reason to not remove it, it won't void your warranty, BUT you need to save it.. if you decide to unlock your boot loader (at some point) you will need the last digit of the IMEI to get your token from HTC Dev. This doesn't fully show up in the 'about phone' it truncates that last digit ;-) and you don't want to use the wrong number.

Good points, all, thank you! I got my fill last night and yanked it off and stuck it inside the box.

There IS a group of people on the lawn now, but I think.... Yeah, those are just people who've heard the news that I'm winning Powerball tonight. First thing I'll buy... A crystal case for the sticker.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
3 seconds after the phone came out of the box, the Verizon rep ripped mine off and threw it away. I honestly didn't think much of it until now. So "about phone" leaves off the last number? Awesome. I am assuming these numbers are actually on the original box (they have been for other phones I own) or perhaps the reciept? I will have to check when I get home. i don't plan on rooting... yet, but I might!

nanachkh

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon employee ripped mine off along with the protective plastic and threw it all away. I'm weird and get pleasure out of doing that, so I was kind of upset. :'(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffgoham2020