My display has a very faint blue dot in the middle

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
can someone post a picture, i really want to see this occurance
bluespot.jpg

can you see it?

The picture really shows it well, on the actual screen is a little more faded and only shows against white background.

Ps. Yes, the Wi-Fi in the basement is called Mancave AirPort....

Last edited:

TriangleZ

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes!

That was exactly how mine looked. At least your Verizon manager didn't hesitate to give you an exchange, my rep was trying to pin the $35 restock on me hah.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a case like you speaking to, Does it have any Metal / Magnet involved? I suspect the clip must have some, my thoughts are along the lines (from when it comes/goes per above post) that there's some form of resonance between the screen digitizer (the screen isn't just glass.. ) and the case.. Are the screen on when you holster it? or off ?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes!

That was exactly how mine looked. At least your Verizon manager didn't hesitate to give you an exchange, my rep was trying to pin the $35 restock on me hah.

That is absolutely a defect, take it back and exchange it. Like for like should not prompt a restock fee.

italiiano

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact same thing on my phone. I thought it was out of the box because I noticed it right away, but I had the same holster case on already so that may have been a problem. I took it back the first thing the next morning and they exchanged it with no fee.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a case like you speaking to, Does it have any Metal / Magnet involved? I suspect the clip must have some, my thoughts are along the lines (from when it comes/goes per above post) that there's some form of resonance between the screen digitizer (the screen isn't just glass.. ) and the case.. Are the screen on when you holster it? or off ?

Case and the holster are both soft plastic type material. There are no metal or magnet I can see, the case is snug but aren't they suppose to be? I didn't like the holster on how I have to slide and push it in sometimes a bit of force is applied when try to remove it from the holster. I much prefer the Seidio's spring clip type holster. The screen is normally off when I slide it back into the holster but I am sure there are a couple of time I pushed the power button when try to slide the phone back in. Regardless, I have ordered an Otterbox commuter and a leather pouch with belt clip to just to be safe.

TriangleZ

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Same boat as you buddy. I had a Seidio clip on my first incredible and this Verizon holster is too tight and some force and awkward movements are needed to take the phone out. I am waiting for the Seidio case and clip whenever that comes out. For the time being, I must be very, very gentle with this Verizon holster as it seems a lot of people who have this blue dot damage, has the Verizon case and holster.

anon(22793)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Same boat as you buddy. I had a Seidio clip on my first incredible and this Verizon holster is too tight and some force and awkward movements are needed to take the phone out. I am waiting for the Seidio case and clip whenever that comes out. For the time being, I must be very, very gentle with this Verizon holster as it seems a lot of people who have this blue dot damage, has the Verizon case and holster.

Same issue here, blue dot, Verizon's case and holster

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the Verizon shell holster case and don't see the blue dot. I only use the shell. I don't like the holster. In a thread about different cases for the DNA cases 1 person using a cruzerlite tpu case experienced the Blue dot and another person that isn't using a case had the issue. Not sure it's strictly caused by the case.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
It's not or everyone that had this issue would of had the vzw holster case! I had this on my first phone and it was bareback. I swapped it for a refurb asnd so far,knock on wood, it i flawless. Go exchange it, cause this is a defect for sure. One that will drive a lot of us insane to see it on a daily basis!

Clarissa Duhh

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it may not have even been your phone causing the problem. I just recently bought a new case for my phone and soon after a bluish dot appeared on my screen, after experimenting with it, I realized that when I took of the case and left it alone for a while the blue dot would disappear. I bought a new case and the blue dot has yet to return.

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Have the same spot as well when I have my Nilkin case on there. Take it off, it goes bye bye. Put it on, it comes back. I have found if I am using a TPU case, it does not come back FWIW.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The blue dot is due to the Verizon shell case. Take it off, the dot goes away. It's too tight and putting too much pressure. I had the same issue. Went with the Seido Active case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance