"Hidden" feature of this phone...

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you know that this phone will automatically go into speakerphone mode when you lay it
face down during a phone call?

Very, very cool feature!

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you know that this phone will automatically go into speakerphone mode when you lay it
face down during a phone call?

Very, very cool feature!

T-bolt had that feature...not that it worked very well, but all in all, it's a very convenient feature.

jedge

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Holding down the HOME key takes you to Google Now.
Pressing POWER + DOWN VOLUME takes a screenshot.

...i know these are standard parts of ICS that have been around a while, but they're still kinda "hidden"... and may be new to some people. And they're useful.

jfb336

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Pressing POWER + DOWN VOLUME takes a screenshot.

I've seen several people say this is how to take a screenshot. All that happens for me when I do that is turning down the ringer volume. Then I read someone with a different phone say that they press power and touch the home key. That works for me.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've seen several people say this is how to take a screenshot. All that happens for me when I do that is turning down the ringer volume. Then I read someone with a different phone say that they press power and touch the home key. That works for me.
Both work. With the volume key, it's saved to the screenshots folder and you get a notification. With the home button it's just saved with your camera shots and no notification (just a quick message on screen that the screenshot was saved).

lazarus2297

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Both work. With the volume key, it's saved to the screenshots folder and you get a notification. With the home button it's just saved with your camera shots and no notification (just a quick message on screen that the screenshot was saved).

I did not there was a difference thanks for that info!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
This was news to me, but when taking a picture, hold down the shutter button and it will take multiple rapid shots (looks like about 20, too lazy to count).

Edit: This is the burst mode.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There is a continuous option in the camera settings for that. Tried it out when I was checking the phone out at Veri$on. Works nicely. Something else I found in the camcorder, you can shoot slow motion videos too. Took a video of my fish tank and I got a kick out of seeing the fish and water movement in slow motion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech