DNA vs. Razr Maxx HD

xXSIMPXx

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I am up for renewal and I don't know what to get. I love the specs of the dna but battery may be an issue. 16gb really isn't an issue as I am using the cloud almost to the full extent.

With Google Now and other location based apps having the GPS on pretty much all the time would be nice. I guess my question is how does the dna fair with gps being on the whole time vs the razr maxx hd? Also as an addition to that question, how is Google Now on the road? so far my only experience with google now is on the Nexus 7 but it seems as though if I were on the go, letting it have access to my exact location may make the experience better.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You are always going to lose to the Maxx when it comes to battery period. I like the DNA a tiny bit more (If I ignore all my standard complaints) overall.

I do not have a ton of travel experience with GN but it has always preformed well for me on my SGS3

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
What device are you using now? Like pizzadude said, can't beat the max for battery life. That said, the DNA might be an improvement over what you are using now. I had to charge my GNex during the day at work to keep juice for evening activities and use. The DNA makes it all day without having to plug it in. I have been really surprised.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

xXSIMPXx

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I am currently using an HTC Thunderbolt so pretty much everything....no EVERYTHING is an upgrade lol. I usually have to charge my phone every 3 hours if I'm lucky. So my feelings sometimes are that I want the biggest battery but I also realize the Thunderbolt has a 1400mah battery. So the dna might be alright for me to use.....I would much rather have the dna but in the back of my head I'm thinking battery battery battery lol, which like i said comes from my horrors of using the thunderbolt.....so that's where I'm at right now

lazarus2297

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I will put my 2 cents in being that I have both phones.. (the RAZR HD is going back though)
If one of your main concerns is Google now I really can't speak to that at all because I rarely ever use it, that goes for GPS being on too.. I turn that off at my office as any app that uses GPS would just be searching constantly due to my office building. I got my DNA today and it had around 60% battery it made it 10 hrs with just over 2 hours screen on time and 1 hour of streaming audio.. I love the DNA so far and normally I am a moto fanboy.. I was more concerned about battery life than anything but I am able to charge it at work if needed and I will charge it overnight anyway.. so I don't need 20+ hours of battery life.. I will say that after some super quick comparisons.. the camera on the DNA is miles better than the RAZR HD and that to me is more "valuable" than a bigger battery.
If you have specific questions I would do my best to answer them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

xXSIMPXx

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you this relieves some of my battery concerns. Like you said I can charge it every night anyway, I was just concerned about the phone making it through the day.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the Thunderbolt battery life was paramount to me. Got the razr maxx HD, love the freedom I feel when I see how much battery life I have left. I leave gps on all the time and the lock is instantaneous

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Former Bolt owners know about battery issues. We lived with them every day with that phone. It's a different story with the DNA.

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just came from a bolt 2 weeks ago, Maxx HD hands down. You will think the phone is 12 yrs newer than your bolt

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Can't go wrong with either phone. Go and hold each one and see each one. Personally, I love the DNA and think it is the best there is right now. A buddy has the RAZR MAXX HD (He loves it) and it is nice but feels bulky. I also do not care for Motorola products but to each their own.

xXSIMPXx

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Based off of what everyone is saying I think I will be going to pick up the DNA and just put it through it's paces and see how it does.......I have 14 days on the return policy which should be enough time if I find out that I need the extra battery life throughout the day

lazarus2297

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Based off of what everyone is saying I think I will be going to pick up the DNA and just put it through it's paces and see how it does.......I have 14 days on the return policy which should be enough time if I find out that I need the extra battery life throughout the day

I think you will be happy with the DNA.. I refuse to upgrade at a Verizon location due to there crappy return policy.. so I got my DNA off bby.com as they don't sell the DNA in stores yet.. so if you don't mind waiting a couple days for shipping try bby.com and if you don't like it you can exchange the DNA in store for a razr hd which they do carry in the store.. that way you have a longer return period and no restocking fee.. and although it may have been a glitch when I upgraded my unlimited data did not change..
Just a thought.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone comment if using Google Now affects battery life on DNA and if so how much? It's definitely hurting Gnex battery from my experience though turning off location report/history mitigates it somewhat.

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I really liked the maxx HD but when I compared them side by side in the store I was swayed by the DNA's screen. Battery life & storage have been more than fine for me, after having the phone almost one week now.

VVoltz

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I used the MAXX for about two weeks, without 4G the phone can actually last for about 4 days with heavy usage, with all settings on about two and a half. However, I ended up returning it and getting the DNA because ICS is REALLY, REALLY slow, specially noticeable in screen responsiveness, perhaps it is the phone not having 2GB of RAM. The DNA is way faster and smoother for any task you throw at it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz