Droid DNA - BAD Bluetooth Car Phone Call Audio? And intermittent garbled non-BT calls?

nextcity

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Pull up the hidden HTC Car app, and try various adjustments to the "Auto Play", "Auto Connect", "Voice Call Accessory", and "Audio-Out Accessory" settings. I've seen numerous DNA's sent out with variations in these Bluetooth settings.

stinger22

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Pull up the hidden HTC Car app, and try various adjustments to the "Auto Play", "Auto Connect", "Voice Call Accessory", and "Audio-Out Accessory" settings. I've seen numerous DNA's sent out with variations in these Bluetooth settings.
OK got the quickshortcut app and found the HTC Car app. Can't find the settings, even created a shortcut that points to the quicksettings but only gives me check boxes for WIFI, GPS, Mobile Network and Google location service.

nextcity

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
OK got the quickshortcut app and found the HTC Car app. Can't find the settings, even created a shortcut that points to the quicksettings but only gives me check boxes for WIFI, GPS, Mobile Network and Google location service.

The "Location" icon is how you access the settings.

stinger22

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
The "Location" icon is how you access the settings.

The Google location service in quick settings is not an icon is just a toggle to turn location services off/on. Where is the "location icon"? I have checked every shortcut quickshortcut points to and none of them have settings->location.

Sorry usually have a pretty good handle on these things. From the main screen when the mobile app is on I can find no settings and no menu to go to.

disneyf1

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Reagrding the HTC car app:
(Finally found it using the search box, but can't figure out how to make a shortcut for it or widget.)
I don't see anywhere to access settings as mentioned and if I go to main settings and location, all I get is checkboxes for Verizon location, standalone GPS, Google location services.
What am I missing, please.

Also - new BT problem: intermittent BT sound death. One phone call will be fine, then next will have no sound at all. I have to disconnect BT then reconnect to regain sound.

stinger22

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Got new phone in. So far people say I sound OK on the Bluetooth. The incoming is still not where I would like it to be on the plantronics, will try the older HP next. Have had a couple of reboots, seems to be on waking up the screen is frozen and it reboots. Wondering if it is just getting updated and settling in, will watch that today also.

disneyf1

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Talked to HTC - Rep said they are working on the problem and don't know when the solution will be available. Also mentioned that 4.2 will not come out for DNA until this problem is solved.(?)

He did say that some apps on the market may be able to fix it and suggested Bluetooth AutoConnect an dBluetooth Reconnector. I'll check them out to see if they do anything helpful.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Talked to HTC - Rep said they are working on the problem and don't know when the solution will be available. Also mentioned that 4.2 will not come out for DNA until this problem is solved.(?)

He did say that some apps on the market may be able to fix it and suggested Bluetooth AutoConnect an dBluetooth Reconnector. I'll check them out to see if they do anything helpful.

Did either of these help apps help you out? I tried Bluetooth AutoConnect and didn't notice a difference. My phone connects through BT just fine in my car. My issue is that I cannot make calls via BT or transfer an existing call via BT. I can only receive calls... Very frustrating problem...

stinger22

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Well the replacement kept rebooting. Just sitting there it would suddenly reboot. Got the third one in and it seems to be working good. Bluetooth works and no reboots.

disneyf1

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried both apps hTc recommended with no success. Nothing got better. I have noticed that my car ('04 toyota prius) BT connection is flawless so far, no drops and good quality. All the headsets tried have failed, from a low cost unit to high end BlueAnt. Still looking for a practical solution.

ColoradoCritter

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Having similar problems with Droid DNA and Jawbone ERA. I hear folks fine but they ALL compain about a horrible connection and being hard to hear me. Works fine with wired headsets, speakerphone, or normal phone. ERA worked flawlessly with my old Blackberry. I hope HTC gets their fix out soon!

disneyf1

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
We may need a new topic for this (mod?), but I think it would be a good idea to find out who is having NO problems with BT and what headset they use. Assembling a list of 'compatible' devices would be a great asset right now.

My contribution -

Works:'04 Toyota Prius BT
Doesn't Work: BlueAnt T1, Samsung 1700, Motorola HK250

stinger22

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Both my Plantronics Legend and Motorola 720 work now. The problem now is people complaining I am TOO LOUD to them and I can't find a way to adjust the outgoing volume. I prefer the Motorola because it is more comfortable and the incoming quality is better but I can't adjust the mic position. With the Plantronics I can point the mic up and it cuts the volume so I AM PEOPLE SAY I AM NOT SCREAMING IN THEIR EAR. I can't find any adjustment setting on the devices themselves.

Anyone know a way to lower the outgoing volume?

disneyf1

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Updated the DNA and will try the headset to see if it helps. I do have people saying I'm too loud when using the car BT, though, just like stinger22 reported. I have to turn the volume level down so far that I can barely hear them.

Anyone else update and test BT?

joeturni#CB

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The update has fixed my bluetooth connection in my Lexus....My calls are perfectly clear - no complaints from those on the other end...Good work....

Clayton S

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
After updating 2/12/2013, my Bluetooth connection both on my headset and in my truck are unusable. The noise level is so bad most callers say it sounds like i am at a party. How could this last update have changed the quality of the Bluetooth connection? Verizon says they have updated to fix the call quality of the Bluetooth but mine wasn't broken and worked fine before the update. Why would an update fix some phones but not others? Seems like they are using different radios in the same model causing update problems. I should not have to buy all new Bluetooth accessories for the DNA.

charles ramskov

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My new DNA has rather poor quality sound transmission as reported by a number of
contact people I regularly talk to. The sound quality is ok on my end but I am getting
consistent reports that its quite clear I am on a headset, muffled paper towel tube effect.
The motorola unit is a Elite Flip, which worked real well with the droid X. I guess I need
and upgrade?? My son DNA as well and his car speaker hands free is also terrible on the DNA.
Charlie

disneyf1

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, charles, that sounds like the typical BT problem that the upgrade seems to fix. If you perform the upgrade, please report back with your results.