Problems with my DNA (defective?)

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had my DNA since last week and to be honest am quite a bit disappointed. I have about a 1" tall x 1/2" wide area on the bottom left corner of my screen that is not responsive to touch. No cracks, lack of picture, or anything else... just refuses to function as a touch screen. Also when using Google Now to search for images... it wont let me select any image, zoom on any image, OR advance in pages. Say I look up images of sports cars... it will display page one with 16 thumbnail pictures of sports cars but you can't select any of the images or click on pages 2, 3, 4, etc to view other pages. And clicking the right arrow to advance to the next page does nothing as well. I have a replacement DNA on its way but I am really disappointed that I gave up my GS3 for this and in 1 week I'm having Thunderbolt nightmares. Anybody else had any of these problems or is this particular DNA just a dud? Thanks.

Stevini18

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the same image search issues when using the google/google now box. Searching through the stock browser is fine, but searching for images direct from the google bar produces non-clickable results. Maybe it's a coding issue. Your screen issue is a bigger problem though...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Frums

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you should take it back and get a replacement now since you are within the 14 day window. They will give you a brand new one. If you wait you will get a refurbished unit.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Clearly take it back and get it replaced, no point in hating a phone for problems that shouldn't be there in the first place :)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have had my DNA since last week and to be honest am quite a bit disappointed. I have about a 1" tall x 1/2" wide area on the bottom left corner of my screen that is not responsive to touch. No cracks, lack of picture, or anything else... just refuses to function as a touch screen. Also when using Google Now to search for images... it wont let me select any image, zoom on any image, OR advance in pages. Say I look up images of sports cars... it will display page one with 16 thumbnail pictures of sports cars but you can't select any of the images or click on pages 2, 3, 4, etc to view other pages. And clicking the right arrow to advance to the next page does nothing as well. I have a replacement DNA on its way but I am really disappointed that I gave up my GS3 for this and in 1 week I'm having Thunderbolt nightmares. Anybody else had any of these problems or is this particular DNA just a dud? Thanks.

The image search thing is a google issue. I used to get that all the time on the galaxy nexus.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

And you didn't exchange this the very next day for another one why?

Definitely not normal!

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

trusteelfan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am not having any of those issues. Sounds like you just got a defective unit. Don't give up on the DNA just go to Verizon before you 14 day is up and have them replace it.

Caronach

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank goodness! I've been really worried I did something wrong to mine.

I've got the same issue, but on the bottom just right of center. Picture having the keyboard up in portrait mode and being 100% unable to actually hit the B, H or Y keys. When using the screen you can clearly tell that area doesn't work at all.

[update]
Went to my local Verizon store today, they swapped my DNA for a new one they had in stock. Will be watching HTC's quality like a hawk from now on. Me and the wife had Galaxy Vibrants for almost 2.5 years with no hardware issues (GPS is another matter entirely...). Other than this one issue with the screen, absolutely love this phone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar