Broken Screen

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Ya I find that hard to believe. The only phone anyone would ever think about throwing on concrete is the Nokiabrick. Those things were indestructable.

Shwee_love

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I had my DNA on the counter and grabbed something that bumped it onto the ground, completely shattered the screen :( it's my own fault, so insurance is replacing it. This will be the 4th DNA I will have gotten since Sunday, only this is the first time its actually my fault lol. Its an amazing phone (imo), I am not taking any chances this time though, I'm sick of setting them up lol.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
There are posts like these on almost every forum. The glass can break, it can break during the first week, it can break during the first hour. The glass does not get weaker over time, and so later breaks are not more likely. It is not a design flaw, it does not show that the phone is in beta or that it was rushed to market.

But the glass breaking does indicate two things: 1) The phone has glass on it, and 2) You broke it.

Now buy Verizon or Squaretrade insurance and get a replacement.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, how much could a slim silicone/TPU case prevent shattering on a light drop? Could a screen protector do anything other than prevent scratches? I went ahead and bought the Ballistic Shell case to be safe, but eventually I'd like to downgrade to something a little more minimalist.

I'm wondering if I need to invest in a screen protector as well--I wouldn't be scratching my keys on the screen or anything, but still. Are there any screen protectors out there that can provide invisible protection that won't fudge up the high-res? Seems a little sad to cover up a gorgeous, slim high-res phone with a bulky case and screen protector, but I want this thing to last me my two years lol.

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Its way more saddening to have to replace it. One thing about going with a case this I've noticed is that once I'm at home, in bed, and surrounded by carpet, I take the case off, and appreciate my phone's asthetics that much more.

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Those who go without a case are taking a calculated risk. It is affording one the opportunity to enjoy the design of a phone as it was intended, at the expense of an increased risk of breakage or damage.

Contrary to what some may think, going without a case is not akin to driving without a seatbelt. A phone has a set value to it, a life is priceless. Even one trip to an ER is more expensive than the price of a smartphone.

So for those who are prone to dropping things, please, put a case on it. And for the rest of us, who are taking a calculated risk because we enjoy carrying our phones in the most elegant, unobtrusive manner, please don't tell us that this is why we HAVE to have a case.

I rest mine.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I guess this goes without saying but if you break it after you don't want a case to put it in. ........ Don't complain on here lol. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Your fault, not Verizon's, and there is no possibility of returning it now that its broken.

Gorilla glass has never, NOT ONCE, been advertised as shatter or break proof. It is scratch resistant and nothing more.

You learned your lesson. Get a case and make sure your device is secured.

Actually Corning claims that is tough enough from everyday bumps and. ...... well let me just post it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355614813224.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355614813224.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 56

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Dropping a device is definitely not "normal usage". Doesn't matter if you are talking about a TV, a hamburger, a vase, or a phone. (Well, I suppose a basketball player would consider it "normal" for a basketball... Or a football, if you're Joe Flacco. ;) )

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar