Broken Screen

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Nice. Im living on the edge man I'm naked!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Even with my history of breaking phones, my DNA would be naked also if Asurion hasn't cancelled my insurance after two claims in 12 months. It's one thing to run around naked, but it's irresponsible to run around naked if you know a sunburn will kill you instead of just being painful! =-O

Sent from my Happily Totally Cool DNA

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Even with my history of breaking phones, my DNA would be naked also if Asurion hasn't cancelled my insurance after two claims in 12 months. It's one thing to run around naked, but it's irresponsible to run around naked if you know a sunburn will kill you instead of just being painful! =-O

With the size of insurance and deductible I'd rather just buy a different phone on swappa. If I break the DNA I'll either fix it myself or get maybe a galaxy nexus

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
With the size of insurance and deductible I'd rather just buy a different phone on swappa. If I break the DNA I'll either fix it myself or get maybe a galaxy nexus

Hmmm...just checked Swappa and used DNA's are going for around $300. A year of insurance runs maybe $96, deductible is $100...aren't I still ahead if I want to stick with the DNA? CLNR's aren't risk free but neither is buying used on the open market...I suspect you'd have a little trouble returning a phone to the seller if it didn't work perfectly?

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...just checked Swappa and used DNA's are going for around $300. A year of insurance runs maybe $96, deductible is $100...aren't I still ahead if I want to stick with the DNA? CLNR's aren't risk free but neither is buying used on the open market...I suspect you'd have a little trouble returning a phone to the seller if it didn't work perfectly?

You're right, you're still ahead on the deductible but I'm banking on my track record of never breaking or losing a phone. *knocks on wood*

Edit: and also, hopes that if I did crack my screen that I could repair it myself.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Unless you buy a rugged phone, normal use for a smartphone does not include regular drops in a parking lot.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I know that the carriers don't consider it "normal use" but would you say it isn't normal for someone to occasionally drop their phone, possibly in a parking lot?

Valentyn

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I got in a very stupid situation. I put my phone (that was in a protective case!!) in my front pocket and ran into a corner of a desk and broke the glass inside of my pocket.

That's not the first time I got to this kind of situation, I've broken Kindle before and successfully replaced screen and fixed it.

So now I need to replace a glass on HTC One (everything else is working properly, only protective glass is broken), but unfortunately I can't find any spare parts for HTC One on amazon or anywhere. Would you be so kind to advise where to buy glass for HTC One and a tutorial on how to disassemble the phone because it seems a bit complicated but not impossible.

Cheers, Valentyn.

Valentyn

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't looking hard enough. Found something that might be useful for other people with the same issue.

Shop with spare parts here

Video where someone disassembles HTC One here.

Watch out, the guy on the video disconnects a bunch of things that require soldering to assemble it back, don't follow the video blindly, use your judgement.

I've also called service center to check how much would it cost to repair it and it appears that it will not be cheaper than 100 Pounds. Fun fact: screen cost - 53 pounds.

So I'm still undecided wether to proceed with screen replacement myself and loose the warranty, or go to Service center and pay two and half times of price for this.

whendelicious

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Dropping a phone is not everyday life. Bumps or scratches, maybe. But not dropping it, and certainly not in a parking lot.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
What a ridiculous statement. Everyone drops things everyday. Especially things they use frequently...like keys, glasses, pens, PHONES...Duh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia