Are you going to circumsize your DNA?

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if others are planning on cutting off the little cap, that protects the USB charging port, or just leaving it?

Seeing as how I plan to get an inductive charging pad, I'll probably leave it, although, at the moment (just received my DNA) I'm having to deal with it.

Thoughts?

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Dealing with it until I get my pad.

With the pad, I will not need to open it unless in emergencies. Keeps the dust/dirt out, keeps me happy.

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I Have 2 lg charging pads that WERE collecting dust from back when i had the Tbolt and the Charge(was my wife's), Now i use them ever day....
I don't mind the cover being there, it is nice to NOT See an open port exposed.
So from a Design point i get it.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
IMO HTC dropped the ball here once again. yet another design flaw. extraneous unnecessary hanging/moving parts are bad.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for including IMO! Because IMO, I would rather deal with a little plug than get sand and lint in my charging hole!

unless you roll around the floor of a construction site or the planet Mars - it shouldn't be a problem. but hey - to each his own.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
IMO HTC dropped the ball here once again. yet another design flaw. extraneous unnecessary hanging/moving parts are bad.

I have said this in two posts already. It is there for a reason. The phone is water resistant and the door makes it even more so. I read it in reviews as well as from verizon and htc rep.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

sakasune

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
unless you roll around the floor of a construction site or the planet Mars - it shouldn't be a problem. but hey - to each his own.

You will still get dirt and lint in there even with the phone only in your pocket

Last edited:

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
None of my phones since my Captivate have had a usb cover and I've never had an issue.
If a manufacturer wants to add a cover to the usb port, it actually should be done like the captivate, a small sliding door
Which I usually just left open lol

colonel_panic

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Funny, none of my previous cell phones have had any sort of cover....and I have never had any sort of problem because there wasn't

I use the usb a lot (charging and adb), that little bit of plastic was a big pain in the ass. Was.

Lauren Ween

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
You know I thought about this a lot myself.
Im not one to spend $50 on a charging pad and if I previously
Had one like most of these users do, than I probably wouldn't
Have ripped that sucker off my phone.

But after using the phone for a week or so now I can't stand the
Damn thing.
You pop it open and than its still in the way..you press it back down
To close and it won't close all the way.. you push it back and in so that it finally fits and than it bends. Now you have a lovely light bend mark in the plug. FK it.. I ripped it out.

Beyond that I use my usb a lot and I am sure a lot of you guys might end up after your memory space comes to an end. :p

I don't regret it.. for I can now charge and use the usb with ease..
BUT the bottom of the phone / the charging port now looks hidious :-[