Good pair of headphones?

schwinn123

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone, i loved having a good pair of headphones with controls and a mic on them. I bike a lot and like to be able to control everything from the wires (skip, pause, volume etc.) Anybody have a good recommendation for the DNA? How about the original HTC E190s, any good?

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I use Beats Tour Earbuds. They have excellent sound and bass for earbuds and has the controls you need. You can't go wrong with Beats headsets.

schwinn123

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions guys, was kind of looking for something more economically priced, and earbud style, as i have my good large headphones for home use. Any other suggestions people? thanks!

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I use Beats Tour Earbuds. They have excellent sound and bass for earbuds and has the controls you need. You can't go wrong with Beats headsets.

FTFY. Beats headphones are overpriced garbage. OP has a better chance of randomly picking something from amazon and getting a better deal for the money.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Probably does have a better chance of getting a better deal for the money, but I definitely would call Beats garage. They replaced my Bose headset and I haven't looked back.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Mickey mentioned a pair of Zagg headphones on this week's podcast that he recommends that are about $50.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
SOL Republic Trax HD. Good stuff. Much better than Beats.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I've heard good things about the SOL headphones... if it wasn't for the fact that my Bose and then my Beats were gifts, I would consider them. Can't justify spending the money when I've got two other headphones already. But I will still say the Beats are definitely better than the Bose ones.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm a bit of an audiophile. Check out beyerdynamics custom one pros, ultimate ears UE 6000 and the vmoda crossfade LPs or the vmoda m100s. Also check out monster DNAs and the SOL republics Tracks hd. For in ears look at klipsch s4 IIs they are awesome!

I have a set of beats and can say they aren't bad but everything I've listed is much better and for the same price or cheaper. I would recommend sennheiser or akg bit you're probably just going to use these with your phone.

Personally I love my vmodas and I recently bought the tracks hd because they made a deadmau5 limited edition and I love them. Basically everything I've listed sounds great. The ultimate ears 6000 has noise cancrlation if youre looking for that.

Hope this helps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is it true though that the tracks HD volume control buttons will only work on iphone, ipod, and ipad? I recently tried a friends and then immediately ordered them because shopnbc had a great promotion and still does where they throw in a pair of the SOL in ears also. I tried them on his iphone and not my EVO LTE. I was disappointed to read that volume control buttons on cord may not work with my Android device.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
It all really depends on what your looking to pay and what type of sounds your looking for......For in ear headphones i have a $120 pair of the Bose Mi6 (i think thats what there called) that i got for $98 with my Verizon Discount and my wife has a Pair of ibeats she uses on her android. She says she likes the mids and highs sound in the iBeats better then the Bose & the Ibeats come with More diffrent style buds then Bose. .

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

lilmoney30#WN

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Mickey mentioned a pair of Zagg headphones on this week's podcast that he recommends that are about $50.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Zagg was running a special where you could get the zagg buds for $10 bucks with a $20 purchase. I haven't been on their site in a while but that's a great deal if its still up.

Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think most of those are good headphones but dont know that i would wear them biking???
I've just purchased the Jaybird Bluebuds X - holy crap!
Bluetooth Headphones : Bluetooth Stereo Headphones Sports : Android Bluetooth Stereo Headset Headphones : iPhone Bluetooth Headphones : iPod Bluetooth Headphones : Jaybirdgear.com
Sound is great, there bluetooth, sweatproof (lifetime warranty!), one best feature, very small and compact!
Stays put and out of the way!

Those are great! Not a huge fan of Bluetooth because audio quality is lost but they did a good job with those. I'm in love with my isport headphones though. I've washed them by accident and they still work and have no damage at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nextcity

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
My Skullcandy Rocnation Aviators sound great with the DNA. I see that 6pm.com has them in white and brown both with and without a mic for $79.99-$82.50 (I paid $150 for mine last year). I have the brown see-thru model and dozens upon dozens of people have commented on how cool they look.