I'm sorry, but the battery life on this device is atrocious.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I think both. I have a gnex and it has horrible batt life. I try kernel tweaks and turn off syncs that I don't need. Most are negligible. Honestly, to turn off google now has had a noticable improvement.
I don't really have a use for the cards so I turn them off.
Try turning it off a couple of days and have a look at ur batt. Can't hurt.

I'll see how it goes. I don't even have the update yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I think both. I have a gnex and it has horrible batt life. I try kernel tweaks and turn off syncs that I don't need. Most are negligible. Honestly, to turn off google now has had a noticable improvement.
I don't really have a use for the cards so I turn them off.
Try turning it off a couple of days and have a look at ur batt. Can't hurt.

Definitely not my experience here. I have Google Now turned on and get the commonly quoted ~16 hours per charge. I'll kill Now for a day to see if it makes a difference, but I'd honestly be surprised.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

VVoltz

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not my experience here. I have Google Now turned on and get the commonly quoted ~16 hours per charge. I'll kill Now for a day to see if it makes a difference, but I'd honestly be surprised.

Today I noticed that Maps is taking 54% of my battery, seems to be the commute Card. From Google Now, and it only works heavily when I am at work, try disabling that.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Today I noticed that Maps is taking 54% of my battery, seems to be the commute Card. From Google Now, and it only works heavily when I am at work, try disabling that.

For me right now but shows 3%, but then I've only been unplugged for about 6 hours.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
This was today at work now. Different location but significantly less action. I mmaybe answered 20 texts today, checked my mail. Thats IT! Should my results be better?

After 11 hours you were down to 60%? That's awesome!

schwinn123

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
After 11 hours you were down to 60%? That's awesome!

Yes but keep in mind, it was as if i took it off the charger and barely touched it from 8-6. occasional text message replies. If you look at my posts from yesterday, my "normal usage" results were pretty different. Wondering if all the awake time on my last graph post is an issue?

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
cant wait til we can root this phone and run vanilla android, with this hardware it would be unreal because HTC's software tweaks suck

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Another thought, Fastboot is enabled by default. You can try disabling fastboot, as, some apps don't play nice with fastboot.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
dude the battery life is amazing.

I have instagram, Facebook, twitter and all other services on. My battery life at work lasted 12 hours and then when i got home I was looking for wallpaper the entire time while watching the Giants vs Redskins game. The standby time is also amazing. I haven't been happier. If this batter was 2500, it would be even more amazing

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android

1. Toggle off LTE, WIFI, GPS, BT, NFC, Hotspot. Toggle on as needed.
2. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum.
3. Sign out of Google Latitude, GTalk, G+, Google Now, and Messenger. Disable Location Reporting/History.
4. Beware of constantly syncing Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, News, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more.
5. Turn off keyboard haptic feedback.
6. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use dark wallpaper if possible.
7. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
8. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
9. Turn off vibrate for Emails.
10. Be careful of using too many live widgets.
11. Sync Exchange Emails 30 Days or less.
12. Do NOT use a Task Killer App.

PureEnergi

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
you can also set the background process limit. seems to work for me i have absolutely no problem lasting the day and i am a heavy web/email user. if i use it lightly it will easily last a day and a half.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Battery Tips for Android

2. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum.
3. Sign out of Google Latitude, GTalk, G+, Google Now, and Messenger. Disable Location Reporting/History.
4. Beware of constantly syncing Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, News, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more.

Great tips, all, with the lone exception being the fact that we can't turn off LTE on the DNA..

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
you can also set the background process limit. seems to work for me i have absolutely no problem lasting the day and i am a heavy web/email user. if i use it lightly it will easily last a day and a half.

How can you do this. That sound like a great idea.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Battery Tips for Android

I don't do ANY of that, and suffer no hardships.

phonenut

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Here is my graph, any thoughts?

sig.jpg
my thoughts are that you're a very good diagram man

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here this is by far the best battery life I've seen from any Android device I've owned.
Droid>Droid 3>Dinc>Thunderbolt>Gnex

you seem to have hit the tri-fecta of crappy battery life devices the the Dinc, T-bolt and Gnex. everything is relative.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX