There are already threads for this but.. DNA or Razr Maxx HD? My thoughts...

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I think you made a good choice your reasons for keeping the are pretty much my exact reasons for doing the same.. i too miss the notification led from the razr HD.. the notification led on the DNA is almost pointless... :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Agreed, the damn phone has two of them and they both suck my only gripe about the phone haha

jessieyeahh

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I think you made a good choice your reasons for keeping the are pretty much my exact reasons for doing the same.. i too miss the notification led from the razr HD.. the notification led on the DNA is almost pointless... :(

Yes! Very pointless! I hate that when my phone is charging the light is always orange.... whether I get a notification or not. I wonder if they'll come up with an app that can change it?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I am a contract upgrade user so whichever phone I decide on, I will need to keep for 2 years.

I think this statement right here should be the reason you get the DNA. Its more equipped to handle the future of what android is going to bring. All phones that come out next year will be catching up to this phone in terms of specs. Some may tweak a bit but I'm betting they'll all have relatively the same internals. Also, the DNA will be able to handle more intensive android updates in the future, should htc/ Verizon choose to provide them.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I think this statement right here should be the reason you get the DNA. Its more equipped to handle the future of what android is going to bring. All phones that come out next year will be catching up to this phone in terms of specs. Some may tweak a bit but I'm betting they'll all have relatively the same internals. Also, the DNA will be able to handle more intensive android updates in the future, should htc/ Verizon choose to provide them.

I'm just struggling with the battery life worries and not having a SD Card slot and call/signal quality. My biggest pet peeves with my Rezound is the battery and dropped calls/or not getting calls. Today for instance, my phone was almost out of juice by 11am (limited to moderate use). Then this afternoon, the phone never rang and then all of a sudden I had a voice mail. DIdn't show up as a missed call so it must have been a signal issue. Now of course, is that a phone issue or my location. I am in a suburb of a large city but I have been told I must be on the edge of towers so that is supposedly why I lose signal and the phone is constantly bouncing between 4g to 3g to 1x to no service. So is the DNA going to be any better? I hear Moto has better signal and it seems pretty obvious that Moto has better battery life too. But that DNA screen! and the camera! Those two features I give to the DNA.

lazarus2297

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I suggest trying the DNA... BUT upgrade via best buy's website.. that way if it doesn't meet your expectations you can exchange it it for the RAZR HD in a best buy store and they have a longer return period and no restocking fee.... i see absolutely no reason to upgrade at an actual verizon location.. you can just use them for "showrooming" to get a feel of the DNA first..

ji001

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I dont get why notification led only flashes for 5 minutes. HTC sense feature that doesn't make much sense imo.

ji001

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I suggest trying the DNA... BUT upgrade via best buy's website.. that way if it doesn't meet your expectations you can exchange it it for the RAZR HD in a best buy store and they have a longer return period and no restocking fee.... i see absolutely no reason to upgrade at an actual verizon location.. you can just use them for "showrooming" to get a feel of the DNA first..

excellent suggestion. I found out the hard way and will never buy a phone at a verizon store anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463