Disable wifi toggle in notification - no root

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
So I posted this in note 2 forums and wanted to check my dna for same steps and sure enough it worked.

If you hold down the wifi notification in the drop down tray app info will aopear. Force stop and its no longer in the drop down..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
While I know there are a few out there with what they feel are serious issues, it does say a lot about a phone if our only complaints are that there's a little flap around the usb port and a silly notification.

Optimus Nexus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I posted this in note 2 forums and wanted to check my dna for same steps and sure enough it worked.

If you hold down the wifi notification in the drop down tray app info will aopear. Force stop and its no longer in the drop down..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

I logged in to specifically say thank you!

You jave no idea how much that persistent WiFi notification infuriates me. I also did not want to root my phone, thank you so much for this!

Joshdrr

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a dna (but i soon will). However, I i think i may have realized a possible permanent fix for this problem. On my nexus 7, I have the app Llama. it allows your device to automate user actions, similar to Motorola's smartactions. Download this on the dna. Set an event: when the phone reboots --> kill application (the application you want to kill). You do this by adding conditions and events. This would hopefully kill the notification the moment your phone boots. When I get my dna, i will try this out. I hope it works!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad