I noticed that, when in the Messages app and I want to send an attachment like a picture, only the HTC apps included with the phone are listed as options. For example, I want to send a picture from Messages using Quickpic, a third party gallery app, but I can't because it doesn't list it as an option to use.

Also, when in the Play Store, if I select "Email Developer" it immediately takes me to the HTC Mail app, and doesn't even give me an option to use Gmail. I don't have any other email set up, so effectively can't use email unless I go straight into the app itself.

Additionally, I installed Chrome, but the phone never prompts me if I want to use that browser instead of the stock one.

I don't have any of these options defaulted, so that isn't the problem; the phone is brand-new.

Anyone else have this issue?
    12-06-2012 12:28 AM
    You have to go to app associations under settings and set Chrome as the default for Web URLs. You can configure Gmail as the default there too.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    dcdttu likes this.
    12-06-2012 12:36 AM
    Thanks! Two of three issues resolved! This is my friend's phone, I have a N4 and there is no settings option like that in any other phone I've used.

Question, if you download a 3rd party gallery app like Quickpic, are you able to use it from the Messages app to select an image to send?

Thanks.
    12-06-2012 12:48 AM