Tethering without root

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
So in the near future(sense the world wont end) I plan on passing down my Tab 10.1 LTE to my Father in-law cuz he REALLY WANTS IT....
I will pick up the Nexus 10 as my New toy...Being that its wifi only and i am on Verizon with Unlimited Data(Grandfathered in), what would be the best Tethering app with out me needing to Unlock and Root my DNA(i will root if i have to, i just don't like losing all my data)????? :-\

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I definitely want to know this too. I have a Nexus 7 and use it frequently--I'd probably still use it more than the phone granted I could wirelessly tether.

I keep hearing though, that Jellybean doesn't work with tethering apps for Verizon--e.g., Foxfi doesn't work. Though, there was a recent FCC settlement which made it so you SHOULD be able to (Verizon can't charge you for tethering). Doesn't seem like anything's been updated to reflect that.

gharkay

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is happy to allow you to tether IF you are on a tiered data plan. Tethering is not supported on the unlimited plan. I don't think there's any way around that on the DNA without rooting.

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I know i can tether if i pay the extra fee every month. but i'd rather not. So looks like its time to root.

Djnikkofb

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You can use open garden from Google play. It connects via Bluetooth. Basically all you get is email, and web browsing..other than that pay Verizon $30/month or root.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2