Thinnest case that preserves the form factor of the DNA

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the Ditztronic and while it's great I'm thinking there is probably something out there that is even thinner and maybe comes in a clear color that would allow the beauty of the DNA to really shine through a bit better. And if it was in a clear material it would even allow the rear notification light to be visible without drilling any holes in the back.

Any ideas/recommendations?

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
They sell these things on ebay: Clear Skin s Curve Wave TPU Silicone Case Cover for Verizon HTC Droid DNA X920E | eBay also comes in other colors: New s Curve Gel TPU Soft Skin Case Cover for HTC Droid DNA X920E | eBay.

$3 is worth a shot, though it'll probably reek of terrible chemicals. I bought a bunch of novelty iPhone cases for my sister and I'm debating whether or not to toss them out, as they all smell terrible. They're soaking in water/baking soda, but they're probably loaded with toxins lol.

cnuraptor

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I got the S line white (edit S Line is not the same as S curve) case and it wraps around the phone like you wouldn't believe. Not a single gap. Plus, it has great side grip so it doesn't slip. I also have the diztronic. It has the closest to stock feeling HTC esque matte black feel but is bulkier than the s line. The S line actually curves well around the phone and is light . I like TPU cases bc of the impact resistant material.

Tip: I did find it difficult to use the power button and volume buttons through the S line case so I cut a tiny piece of command strip the size of the button mold indentation and stuck it to the inside . Now my power buttons and volume buttons click well through the case. The diztronic indentations were better bc it fits more loosely.

I have a nillkin red case on the way that is supposed to be super light. So far the S line white (there is a clear version) gets the most use. You can see even see the notification light through the white.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I got the S line white (edit S Line is not the same as S curve) case and it wraps around the phone like you wouldn't believe. Not a single gap. Plus, it has great side grip so it doesn't slip. I also have the diztronic. It has the closest to stock feeling HTC esque matte black feel but is bulkier than the s line. The S line actually curves well around the phone and is light . I like TPU cases bc of the impact resistant material.

Tip: I did find it difficult to use the power button and volume buttons through the S line case so I cut a tiny piece of command strip the size of the button mold indentation and stuck it to the inside . Now my power buttons and volume buttons click well through the case. The diztronic indentations were better bc it fits more loosely.

I have a nillkin red case on the way that is supposed to be super light. So far the S line white (there is a clear version) gets the most use. You can see even see the notification light through the white.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Could you provide a link to the s line case you're talking about?

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it's different from the "S Curve" case? looks to be the same as the white one

This is the one I ordered, looks slightly different then the S Line case Pinappleraptor lined to.

I should have it tomorrow, paid $2.99 including shipping.

$T2eC16FHJHwE9n8igtZ9BQvks0tN5g~~60_57.JPG

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Where'd you buy your case at? If you don't mind me asking for a link

I don't mind at all... here is the link.

Here are a few photos... received the case today. As Pineapple said, it's a very tight fitting case, which adds very little to the overall size of the DNA. Rear LED light shows through, without needing to cut a hole. In the first photo, you can even see the Beats logo, and the HTC through the case. The LED is also easy to view through the case when blinking....

photo%282%29.JPG

photo%283%29.JPG

photo%284%29.JPG

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind at all... here is the link.

Here are a few photos... received the case today. As Pineapple said, it's a very tight fitting case, which adds very little to the overall size of the DNA. Rear LED light shows through, without needing to cut a hole. In the first photo, you can even see the Beats logo, and the HTC through the case. The LED is also easy to view through the case when blinking....

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-soXR7760H30/UM_4uzjQ1hI/AAAAAAAAGX0/2CWClW44wOk/s579/photo(2).JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-_oQhREjj-Ks/UM_4uN6U3AI/AAAAAAAAGXs/HRIdrTCfqUc/s772/photo(3).JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-anyuiHXhZmU/UM_4tp0YbpI/AAAAAAAAGXg/4VjGY_9A_Nc/s772/photo(4).JPG

Thanks! I'm going to pick one of these up. I bought a black one from a differen . Link (posted earlier in the thread) but it said like 3 weeks for shipping. How quickly did yours arrive from this seller?

nextcity

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
The Body Glove DropSuit is my favorite case for the DNA...and I have tried all of the above mentioned cases. It is not the thinnest, but it is the best IMO.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The Body Glove DropSuit is my favorite case for the DNA...and I have tried all of the above mentioned cases. It is not the thinnest, but it is the best IMO.

So far, I agree. I have tried 6 or 7 cases, and the Body Glove Drop Suit is the best for me as well. The ones listed above didn't provide a good experience with the power button for me. it was way too hard to push. I have tried a lot of cases :), and settled on the Drop Suit so far ...

2012-12-19_194631.jpg

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the Diztronic and the Nillkin. The Diztronic is a great case for the money, and feels really good in the hand and offers some assistance with the volume and power buttons. It's just that you lose that taper and it makes the phone feel so much bulkier than it is. Just got the Nillkin and I really like it. No coverage on the top or bottom edges and no help with the volume or power button but if you are looking for a minimal case to cover the back/sides and provide some basic protection it's hard to imagine finding anything thinner. It does extend very slightly past the screen so you can lay the phone face down. I got it in about 10 days.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the Diztronic and the Nillkin. The Diztronic is a great case for the money, and feels really good in the hand and offers some assistance with the volume and power buttons. It's just that you lose that taper and it makes the phone feel so much bulkier than it is. Just got the Nillkin and I really like it. No coverage on the top or bottom edges and no help with the volume or power button but if you are looking for a minimal case to cover the back/sides and provide some basic protection it's hard to imagine finding anything thinner. It does extend very slightly past the screen so you can lay the phone face down. I got it in about 10 days.

I didn't like much about the Nillkin at all, except the thinness. It offered almost no protection and looked cheap IMO.

YMMV.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
So far, I agree. I have tried 6 or 7 cases, and the Body Glove Drop Suit is the best for me as well. The ones listed above didn't provide a good experience with the power button for me. it was way too hard to push. I have tried a lot of cases :), and settled on the Drop Suit so far ...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAVA4/5Ja8wWGaNe8/s1440/2012-12-19_194631.jpg

I also really like my body glove And for 15 bucks I couldn't beat it. But I picked up an s line only because it was $3. the body glove might not be the thinnest but it still is really thin And for me sometimes the power button is a little too touchy with the case

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463