Bluetooth Keyboard and Productivity App

RicochetSEW

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Any tips and/or recommendations regarding using a bluetooth keyboard with my Droid DNA? I am considering the new Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated K810 for light document/spreadsheet editing and writing. Also trying to find a good office like app that will work with google drive.

RicochetSEW

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick update. I bought the Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810... it is working wonderfully. I have written a few reports, edited a many documents, and even entered cell data in shared Excel spreadsheets via Google Drive. A few of the function keys work on the DNA liek the play music and volume... and the arrow keys even allow me to move around in the phone and within certain apps.

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA via Tapatalk

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That's kind of cool to know. I hesitate to use my phone for anything more than reviewing documents, but it seems like it is very doable.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

RicochetSEW

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I was very surprised myself... I have been able to do everything I need to do for work thus far with no problems. The screen is big enough to type clearly with a keyboard (which is super light weight and built like a brick). Do you see that I am catching up with you young'ins and am now on Tapatalk? Learning quick.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have this mini folding bluetooth keyboard (you can find the same thing on ebay for cheaper). I like it because it's so slim and compact, I can stick it in my bag and forget about it. I usually use it with my Nexus 7, but all you really need to type is some sort of screen and a keyboard, so I don't see why I couldn't use my DNA instead.

I've tried a bunch of different productivity apps (Kingsoft Office, OfficeSuite Pro, QuickOffice Pro, Evernote, etc.) but my favorite is just Google Drive--it recognizes multi-stroke keyboard commands (e.g. CTRL + Z) which is invaluable. On a tablet, Kingsoft most closely resembles MS Word, and most formatting stuff is just a click or two away. The paid versions might have features that the free apps don't have, but I haven't stumbled on any that I needed. OfficeSuite Pro syncs better with cloud storage, but that's really the only thing I can think of.

RicochetSEW

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I concur. I am patiently awaiting a Google Drive Offline update that will offer editing and downloading features. I already learned a download/editing trick... just attach a file from drive and email it to yourself then you can download it to you phone and then open and edit it with Polaris Office.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173