Android Default Keyboard

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Is the stock Android keyboard available on the DNA? This is the first time I've used Sense, and it's OK but I'm not a fan of the HTC keyboard. I guess I could always pull the .apk off my Galaxy Nexus, but was just wondering if I'm missing a setting somewhere that lets me choose it.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
No, the stock Android keyboard is unfortunately not available. I'm currently using the Swiftkey Flow beta as an alternative.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used SwiftKey for a couple years, but I'll give it a try again. Thanks everyone for the suggestions...

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
There is a jellybean keyboard in the market. It's pretty much the same thing. Doesn't have the swype ability like the stock 4.2 one, however.

wxrusss8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I personally like the new Sense 4+ keyboard. It's a huge improvement over the previous one. The stock jb keyboard isn't bad, but Swift key 3 is so much better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used SwiftKey for a couple years, but I'll give it a try again. Thanks everyone for the suggestions...

Make sure you give it a couple of weeks. The more you use it the better the prediction becomes.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2