sim card error

djm65

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok 2nd phone, first one had a muffled sound on calls. Still getting SIM card error at least once a day.
This is my 3rd SIM card after stopping in Verizon today. I guess i'll have to live with it.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just saw this again today after being on a new sim for about a week. I went to Wireless Zone to get the SIM replaced, but I wonder whether I should be calling VZW directly to have the issue tracked automatically on my account.

It's only been a small inconvenience as a reboot always fixes it, but if it becomes a regular issue it would be good to VZW to know.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been getting this as well. Once or twice every other day, I also had one that said "Sim lock". Again, a reboot or airplane mode on and off will take care of it. Getting annoying though.

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh wait, I just made a new topic about losing Service on my DNA a few times a day but I think this is what it is.. Because a little SIM card symbol pops up where the 4G would be.. Now I know what the problem is. Calling Verizon today.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Wife had the same problem with her phone. I told her to pop out the sim from it's tray and put it back in. Hasn't happened since. She did drop the phone once so that may have shifted the sim which may have caused the problems. Hope that helps!

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Wife had the same problem with her phone. I told her to pop out the sim from it's tray and put it back in. Hasn't happened since. She did drop the phone once so that may have shifted the sim which may have caused the problems. Hope that helps!

I used to have this issue but then I took the sim out and put it back in, and it hasn't happened since. "knock on wood"

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Both of our phones continued to have the Sim card error. Went to VZ corporate and they confirmed there were scratches on both of our Sim cards. They replaced them yesterday. Let's see if that fixes the problem

gev75

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have replaced my original sim card twice already. I still get the 'no sim card' error about every 2 days and need to remove it and reseat it. Verizon tech told me that HTC is working on a firmware fix for this as it is a software bug and not related to the physical sim card. All that the reboot, airplane mode toggle, or remove/reseat is doing is forcing the software to reauthorize the sim card details on their network to validate the service. HTC requested the details for my phone (IMEI, serial number, etc.) and they will push a fix down to me once they have one. Probably before Verizon can test and package one up. They are well aware of the issue and asked me to try to run the phone in global mode instead of LTE/CDMA. This did not make any difference and I kept getting messages that my phone was in global mode and I could be susceptible to roaming charges. Needless to say, it is back in LTE/CDMA as I wait for a fix.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have replaced my original sim card twice already. I still get the 'no sim card' error about every 2 days and need to remove it and reseat it. Verizon tech told me that HTC is working on a firmware fix for this as it is a software bug and not related to the physical sim card. All that the reboot, airplane mode toggle, or remove/reseat is doing is forcing the software to reauthorize the sim card details on their network to validate the service. HTC requested the details for my phone (IMEI, serial number, etc.) and they will push a fix down to me once they have one. Probably before Verizon can test and package one up. They are well aware of the issue and asked me to try to run the phone in global mode instead of LTE/CDMA. This did not make any difference and I kept getting messages that my phone was in global mode and I could be susceptible to roaming charges. Needless to say, it is back in LTE/CDMA as I wait for a fix.

I have experienced a similar issue - lots of connection loss error, and, then "no sim card" errors about once a day. I did a factory reset, and, it seems to have cured the problem. Just remember to back up your music and pictures, before you do the factory reset.

UPDATE: the factory reset did not cure the problem. I hope they get a fix soon. To get my network connection back, I turn off Mobile data, then, I turn on Airplane mode, turn off Airplane, and, then turn Mobile data on.

Last edited:

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I went to Verizon and they installed a new sim card and so far so good.. this was right before Christmas. Also since getting the new SIM my battery life has been so good again.. when you have a bad SIM card your phone is nonstop searching and killing the battery. It showed my SIM using like 50% of the battery power..

bratt23

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had my DNA for a month, sim card error only started a few days also. I re-inserted it and today (so far) it's good. Happened about 5 times yesterday. I'm hoping this fixed it.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
My gf's dna got this error a lot. Exchanged it and it's good so far.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So my girlfriend has been through 3 dna's now and just as many sim cards. We were on our way to Verizon to exchange the second one because the charging cover just poped right off when she dropped the phone on a rubber mat in my car then bam, no sim error. Seriously what a headache, she is returning the phone for good now.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So my girlfriend has been through 3 dna's now and just as many sim cards. We were on our way to Verizon to exchange the second one because the charging cover just poped right off when she dropped the phone on a rubber mat in my car then bam, no sim error. Seriously what a headache, she is returning the phone for good now.

That's too bad. I see the error every couple of of days, but hope that a software will fox the problem. I enjoy the device too much to move to something else and to date, I haven't missed a call because of it.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

86steveshafer

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
i had this problem for a while, kept rebooting but would only solve for a day or two at most, went to verizon the first time i was told that i cant do anyhting about it without replicating the issue in store. finally it happened again and i went serviceless until i could make it to the store. the guy at the store changed my setting from global (for some reason apparently mine was allways on this setting) to LTE/CDMA and rebooted. ever since i have not had this problem.

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Got the SIM card / No Service error messages today. I called VZW and the tech said she didn't know why it was happening. She made a note on my account and said if it happens again to go to VZW store and have the SIM replaced. Once I powered the phone off and then on again the issue was fixed.

Called HTC gave then my IMEI number and cell number. The tech denied that this issue exists. When I pointed out that I read about this issue on Android Central he said he could find no report of this being a common issue.

Hee is the number I called to complain to HTC 866-449-8358.

dnickb

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Interesting that they told you to go into global mode. I went in today, complaining of no SIM and the guy told me to take it out of global mode. Meanwhile, I didn't even know it was in global mode.

It seems 86steveshafer had the same experience.

How strange...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech