DNA or MAXX HD?

SteveO86

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had the Droid X for over 2 years now and I am looking to get a new phone this X has been good to me but it's getting old.

Looks like the 2 top contenders on VZW are the RAZR HD and the DNA. I've had my eye on the MAXX HD due the larger battery but I just noticed the hardware on the DNA is more powerful. quad core process and all. So outside the much better on the MAXX HD does it have anything else the DNA doesn't? Looks like both the MAXX HD and the DNA have the gorilla glass and the DNA is hundred bucks less.

What do you guys think?

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The DNA is by far the best smartphone available,but it comes down to preference if you need more then 11gb of storage and a battery then can last more then a day,then the DNA will not meet your needs,but every other aspect of what a great experience in a smartphone should be, the DNA is a true winner.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Droid X for over 2 years now and I am looking to get a new phone this X has been good to me but it's getting old.

Looks like the 2 top contenders on VZW are the RAZR HD and the DNA. I've had my eye on the MAXX HD due the larger battery but I just noticed the hardware on the DNA is more powerful. quad core process and all. So outside the much better on the MAXX HD does it have anything else the DNA doesn't? Looks like both the MAXX HD and the DNA have the gorilla glass and the DNA is hundred bucks less.

What do you guys think?

How has your battery life been with the DX? If you are happy with your current battery life, the DNA would be a great choice. If not, the Maxx HD might be the better choice. Otherwise you aren't missing out by getting the DNA, in fact you'd be gaining a better camera and probably the best screen of any device on VZW.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

coach5150

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I had to make the same choice had my x for 2 year and my choice was the DNA .i do not need a lot of storage and I find the battery and every thing else on the DNA blows away the x .As far as the Maxx goes for me the only advantage over the DNA is battery life .i believe I made the right choice and will roll with the DNA

SteveO86

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Prior to my DX I was a heavy Blackberry guy hung around CB and BBForums for a few years. So battery life on a D-X was a rude awaking, I compensated with getting a extended battery for the D-X.

However battery life isn't too much a major concern for me at this point, I use to be a networking consultant doing a good bit a travel and jumping on bridge/conference calls every 15 minutes. I'm not doing that anymore so I don't need to focus so on battery life anymore. If the DNA has the best specs on VZW I'll have to check out the phone next time I'm in store. I guess I looked over it since it was the same price as the RAZR HD and cheaper the HD MAXX.

How is HTC with releasing OS Updates? I just realized today my D-X is running Gingerbread, I'm a few versions behind nowadays.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Prior to my DX I was a heavy Blackberry guy hung around CB and BBForums for a few years. So battery life on a D-X was a rude awaking, I compensated with getting a extended battery for the D-X.

However battery life isn't too much a major concern for me at this point, I use to be a networking consultant doing a good bit a travel and jumping on bridge/conference calls every 15 minutes. I'm not doing that anymore so I don't need to focus so on battery life anymore. If the DNA has the best specs on VZW I'll have to check out the phone next time I'm in store. I guess I looked over it since it was the same price as the RAZR HD and cheaper the HD MAXX.

How is HTC with releasing OS Updates? I just realized today my D-X is running Gingerbread, I'm a few versions behind nowadays.

First of all you are going to be blown away with Android 4.1 compared to the 2.3 your running now. I personally like the Droid MAXX HD over the DNA for a couple reasons. One the MAXX HD screen is plenty nice at 312 ppi. Two, I cant stand how flush the power button is on the DNA. I have noticed an inconsistency on the height of the power button from DNA to DNA. And HTC Sense, I have never been a fan of it, I personally think it adds unnecessary complexity to Android. Motorola now has a nearly Vanilla Android experience which I enjoy! The days of the bloated "Blur" like on your X are gone.

Droid MAXX HD FTW

droid_razr_maxx_hd_gallery_01.png
droid_razr_maxx_hd_gallery_02.png
droid_razr_maxx_hd_gallery_03.png

SteveO86

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually looking to grab the nexus 10 tablet just so I can experience a pure google experience.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the first moto droid and moved to the DNA. My moto was well built and did a great job so when I played with the moto HD I was impressed. But the screens colors did not appeal to me when I compared it to a iphone. I figured I would wait since there was no way I was jumping to a iphone 5.

DNA came along and the thing fit me in every category. I adapted quickly and am very happy. Good luck with whatever choice u make. U might want to wait for WMC at this point and see what is coming.

Your phone is only as Smart as you are

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800