Equalizer for Google Play Music

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there no Equalizer settings for the Google Play Music player?
I know for a fact that the SG3 has that option, but I can't seem to find it for the DNA...

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
In Play Music: Start playing a song.

Press Menu

"Equalizer" is at the top. Select it.

Turn it on. Set it to what you want.

Pretty easy to find, IMO. Not sure how you missed it.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
In Play Music: Start playing a song.

Press Menu

"Equalizer" is at the top. Select it.

Turn it on. Set it to what you want.

Pretty easy to find, IMO. Not sure how you missed it.

n8ter#AC, I don't see Equalizer when I press menu. *Scratches head*. You're talking about Google Play Music right? All I see is Clear queue, Save queue, Settings and help. No eq when I press settings too.

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey folks, I just did some research and found out that Google Play actually uses the built-in "Beats Audio" function on
the DNA. When you plug in your headphones and start to play a song in Google Play, you should see the "red" Beats Audio logo show up in your notification bar. If it shows up greyed out, that just means that it's not activated. Go to your notification bar, select it and activate it. If you are looking for a different equalizer tool, you would need to install a third party app for this. Hope this helps.

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks, I just did some research and found out that Google Play actually uses the built-in "Beats Audio" function on
the DNA. When you plug in your headphones and start to play a song in Google Play, you should see the "red" Beats Audio logo show up in your notification bar. If it shows up greyed out, that just means that it's not activated. Go to your notification bar, select it and activate it. If you are looking for a different equalizer tool, you would need to install a third party app for this. Hope this helps.

That's what I figured. I liked the "3D" settings on the Google player equalizer and that's why I wanted to know if the DNA had it...ill check out the 3rd party ap. Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The Equalizer option only shows up in the menu when you have the third party app "Equalizer" installed.

Btw, it's an excellent app.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The Equalizer option only shows up in the menu when you have the third party app "Equalizer" installed.

Btw, it's an excellent app.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

No such app is required. I've never installed third party media apps on my phone. Maybe it has something to so with the audio hardware in the phone whether the menu option surfaces or not. I barely install any apps on my,phone and the few I do have are all first party apps from google Samsung etc. those type of apps.

Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 55788

Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.

That screenshot doesn't do any of us any good if its not coming from a HTC Droid DNA.
The question I posted is strictly related to using Google music player on a HTC Droid DNA in which our menu options don't include the "equalizer".
I even mentioned that my sg3 had the equalizer option which is why I was asking if the DNA had it as well...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
For those who chose to Root, there is a install of DSPManager
that works very well with the DNA, it allows for seperate profiles of headphones/speakerphone and bluetooth.
I've not been impressed with beats though it does help, it doesn't have many options to customize .

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It not being there is an HTC thing. Same thing on my Rezound. I think there's a thread in the Rezound forrum about it.

meoMonares

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I believe Google Play Music has just upgraded to Music Version v5.0.1026J.676641.

Steps to adjust your equalizer setting:

1. Launch Play Music
2. Press Menu (from Galaxy S3, this is the option to the left of the Home button. Not sure with other Android devices)
3. Tap "Settings"
4. You'll be then displayed with "Music Settings" panel. (Colored in orange)
5. Under the "General" section, you should be able to see the "Equalizer" option

Should you need further assistance, feel free to tweet me @meoMonares. I'd be glad to provide screenshots.

God bless!

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
ubysynuh.jpg

I do not see that option. This was the area you were talking about right?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Since HTC has it's own audio enhancements (beats) the equalizer on play music does not show up. Don't listen to a samsmug owner. They know everything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn