NOVA Launcher and restricted Widget selection

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Nova Launcher and noticed that some of the HTC widgets are not available for selection.
Is this a common thing? If so, can it be resolved? I specifically want to use the "Notes" widget.
The "notes app" is accessible but not the actual widget.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Nova Launcher and noticed that some of the HTC widgets are not available for selection.
Is this a common thing? If so, can it be resolved? I specifically want to use the "Notes" widget.
The "notes app" is accessible but not the actual widget.

Salt yea, htc widgets only apear on htc sense's launcher unless your rooted.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't think they work together. Don't think any of the HTC widgets work with a 3rd party launcher

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe place the widgets down first using stock HTC, then switch to Nova? I was able to preserve the default clock widget on Nova, but as soon as I deleted it I couldn't find it again. This explains a lot, I was trying to find stuff like "mirror" and "LED flashlight on/off" in the apps or widgets, both of which I deleted with the intent of bringing back when I finished organizing everything.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You could try using Evernote which will sync with HTC Notes and has widgets you could use on any 3 party or HTC Sense launcher. Even rooted you'll never be able to use HTC widgets on 3rd party launchers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital