a couple minor and a couple major complaints about this phone... any suggestions?

macewank

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
So I finally broke down and picked up a Droid DNA. So far, I like the phone, but I want to like it *more*. Here are the problems I'm having with this device.. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments on the issues? Is it just me?

1: Bluetooth Audio (major) -- This phone does not work with the JBL stereo in my Toyota unless I use the stock music app. If I use any other app, when I hit play I might get 3-5 seconds of audio before the stereo switches to "Paused" however the phone keeps playing audio. This is not an issue on the Nexus or my old Droid Bionic with stock roms, however, it was an issue when I installed Cyanogenmod on my GNex. I assume this is somehow related to the Bluetooth stack that is being used, however, since all of my music is in Google Play or Spotify, this is a problem. I thought I had read somewhere that HTC has acknowledged this as a bug and it might be fixed in an OTA update... Is that true?

2: Notification bar icons (minor) -- Coming from a Galaxy Nexus, I rather liked the fact that when I was connected to Google services, the notification icons for WiFi and 3G/4G turned blue. On this phone, it seems like they always stay white. This is a minor gripe, however, at work we have an open wifi system that requires me to agree to terms. It has a tendency to require re-authorization later in the day, and I will never know if that happens on this phone unless I actually try to connect to something. Which brings me to #3

3: Connecting to public hotspots via WiFi (minor) -- On my Galaxy Nexus, when I connected to a public hotspot that required authorization, there was a notification that popped up indicating this that I could address. On this phone, I cannot find a setting to enable this. Any ideas?

4: Intents (major) -- Is it just me or does this phone completely disregard application intents? For example: If I'm in a Twitter application and I open a link to reddit, I *should* be prompted to either open the app in Chrome, Internet (stock browser), or Baconreader. I am not prompted for this, and instead, the link is forced open in whichever application I have set as my default web browser. This happens in several different cases (Tapatalk, Youtube, Maps, etc..) This is, to put it mildly, bad. In fact, it's super bad. Is there a setting somewhere I've missed that enables this or is this a defect/"feature" in HTC Sense?

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
You can change which app opens what in the application associations setting in settings.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

RLGL1

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
#4 that was there on mine till it figured out my wishes, should be able to change that in App Associations.
#1 I would say the issue lies with the stereo in the car, there are all sorts of issues with the vehicles and the on board sync systems, they are outdated

macewank

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
App associations isn't going to fix #4 for me. You can't *add* anything to that list. The problem is that I have several things that are "Web URLs" as far as this phone is concerned, however, on non-HTC phones I get a pop up that asks me if I want to open them in an application instead.

For example.

If I e-mail myself a link to this thread and open it on my Galaxy Nexus or Droid Bionic, I will be prompted to open it either in Chrome, Browser, or Tapatalk.
If I e-mail myself a link to a reddit post and open it on my Galaxy Nexus or Droid Bionic, I will be prompted to open it either in Chrome, Browser, or Baconreader

etc....

This isn't something that, as far as I can tell, can be configured in the "App Associations" menu.

macewank

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
what's really weird is... if i disable all of the web browsers, everything works like it should..

so really, I guess I need a way to get that Web URL's app association to go away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463