Have: iPhone5, Curious About: Droid DNA - convince me to switch

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Bigger, sexier, infinitely better display, great camera, fast (quad core with 2gigs ram), and android is just awesome.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

fdbryant3

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Why do you think you want to switch? No one can even begin to try and "convince you" without knowing what is disappointing you about the iPhone. Ultimately you have access to the same information as everyone else, unless there is specific question about the DNA you haven't found the answer for that someone might be able to answer if asked, then you have all the information to make your decision.

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Why do you think you want to switch? No one can even begin to try and "convince you" without knowing what is disappointing you about the iPhone. Ultimately you have access to the same information as everyone else, unless there is specific question about the DNA you haven't found the answer for that someone might be able to answer if asked, then you have all the information to make your decision.

This!

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
First of all the battery life is as good or better. You also get a great customization experience and you also get the new google now which by the way is awesome. You also get a great camera, bigger screen not to mention higher quality. You also get a sleek looking device and you also get widgets. Just with these things it's already a better phone. You also get wireless charging and I think hd voice if I'm not mistaken. Either way the phone is great.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

dch176

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
In a nutshell, I'm bored with the iOS experience, as it hasn't really changed much in five years. It still looks virtually the same as it did in 2007.

I love the Apple ecosystem, but I don't really need my phone to be linked thereto for any real reason. I have an Apple TV, iMac, Macbook Air, and iPad Mini that are all perfectly integrated. My phone doesn't really need to be a part of that, per se.

Basically, I'm just looking for something new and exciting to play around with.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like Android would fit you perfectly if your looking for a little change of pace. There's just so much you can do with your Android phone to change the look and feel of your phone from different widgets to launchers. You have a 14 day window to return the phone to Verizon so just give it a try I'm sure you'll like it.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
In a nutshell, I'm bored with the iOS experience, as it hasn't really changed much in five years. It still looks virtually the same as it did in 2007.

I love the Apple ecosystem, but I don't really need my phone to be linked thereto for any real reason. I have an Apple TV, iMac, Macbook Air, and iPad Mini that are all perfectly integrated. My phone doesn't really need to be a part of that, per se.

Basically, I'm just looking for something new and exciting to play around with.

If your looking for something new and exciting to play with look no further than android it is growing and changing every day

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Pretty simple, your iPhone 5 just caught up with the Thunderbolt that I bought 2 years ago. Maybe in 2 years the iPhone 8 will have the technology that the DNA has today. I love the NFC and the wireless charging, the big screen and the fact that my phone doesn't look like every other phone out there. The biggest for me is not dealing with iTunes.

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Bigger, sexier, infinitely better display, great camera, fast (quad core with 2gigs ram), and android is just awesome.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

I agree. The main word with the DNA is sexy. Of course, add that sexiness with her grunt and what more can you really ask for? ;)

I sell Android phones/tablets at wholesale prices, but as per the rules and regulations of the forum, I cannot post external links. Send me a PM if you guys are interested in the DNA :)

dch176

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, I took the plunge. I bought the Droid DNA. Wish me luck. It seems pretty awesome so far and I know I haven't even begun to explore it.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, I took the plunge. I bought the Droid DNA. Wish me luck. It seems pretty awesome so far and I know I haven't even begun to explore it.

Congrats!

My 14 year old son has an iPhone, and loves it.

Me? I just don't see the attraction of the iPhone!

Let us know how you like the DNA. I'm really enjoying mine, after about 4-5 weeks.

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My friend has an IPhone 5 and I have to say the look of the screen is a big diff. The DNA screen is by far the best I've seen on a phone. If you look at the money and time you will spend to download music and apps. That the would make me go to the DNA. I've had it for 4 weeks and have had 0 issues with it. If your afraid of bad battery life DON'T. Battery life in a 4 core Android phone is great. I could go two days if need be with this phone. By the easy the IPhone is for old people. That's why I have an Android to feel younger than I am.lol

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
To OP. be sure to get back and post your initial impressions coming from years of iOS. Be interested to hear your sense of what's better, not so great, etc. I think you made a great choice. Did you consider the Note 2 or was that not even on the radar?