Main Issues With DNA

jaydenrobins

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I really want to get a Droid DNA. I haven't had an Android phone since the Droid Bionic and I am really ready to come back to Android. My 4S really stinks and I am not an iSheep. I wanted to know what people who already own the device think of it after using it for a while. Does the meager storage effect your day to day use? Do you regret buying the DNA?

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I was worried about storage and the battery life initially but haven't had any problems, I've had mine since November.

Sent from my busa!

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a barely used DNA to replace my Thunderbolt, and while I wish it had more internal storage and a larger battery, I'm very happy with it. So far the storage is a non-issue for me, and to be honest, I have an Asus Tablet that I use to hold all of my movies and large file games. For now I am streaming music from the Cloud instead of putting it on the device, and because of the solid radios, it hasn't been an issue anywhere around town. I don't regret buying it at all, especially since I was able to keep my unlimited data. And the screen is absolutely top-notch.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Battery is a non issue. Im a fairly heavy user and Im pulling in 15 hours average on a single charge.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
For me, storage isn't an issue at all. I don't have a lot of media so I don't think I will ever run into a problem with it. Battery is way better than I anticipated. I spend 90% of my day on LTE/3G. It switches all day as my work is in a fringe area. Unplugging at 7am and plugging back in at about 10pm, I am yet to drop below 40%. The only reason I even get that low is I spend far too long trying to customize my home screen. On the days I don't customize, I plug back in closer to 60%.

Bottom line is, it is a tremendous device and easily the best smartphone I have owned.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Since I store lots of music on my phone so I can use PowerAMP (still not a complete fan of Google Music), storage is a little tight but it hasn't really been a hindrance on a day to day basis.

Battery has been a non issue for me as well.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Love the phone. The display looks amazing and isn't dim at all. Speed is insane with the quad and the 2gb of ram.

I still have 8gb free with 50 apps and 7 games. Storage isn't an issue for me.

nextcity

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
My biggest complaint is that the screen resolution is too good. Too many pixels causes low resolution photos and small photos within apps and web pages to look more like "impressionist paintings" than photos. Plus, the build quality is no where near that of my former phone...the "much hated due to poor battery life" HTC Thunderbolt.

goutgrec

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Had mine 3 weeks. Like the phone. But I do miss being able to voice-activate dial from the front of the phone. The Google voice dailing is inside on the smart screen. My previous Gingerbread HTC Iceberg/Tmo My Touch 4G had a very handy exterior button -- great feature in the car.

I'm having some issues downloading photos to the gallery. Sometimes the photos don't arrive.

I HATE the groups. I don't need some of those categories and they cannot be deleted. My phone doesn't want to let them move, either.

It's a bit cumbersome getting to the person you want to dial using the "smart" keypad. Again, my older Iceberg was much better on this issue. But this is an issue with Sense and annoying as some of this stuff is, neither this nor other things cited are deal breakers.

Battery has been fine. Cordless charger works like a dream. I hadn't run it down completely but the other day left it overnight in my handbag and it was down to yellow the next morning. Again, my Iceberg was better on that but it's still new and might simply be a function of not having been run down before.

The camera is giving me terribly grainy pix but it may just not be excellent in low light situations. I don't use the phone camera very much but need to give it a more thorough work out before judging.

Do like the way the various home screens can be configured. Very useful and better than the Iceberg by far. Customizations are good and there are tons of them which takes some time to figure out. I'm still playing with it, reading the manual and trying things out.

jaydenrobins

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses! My only concern with the DROID DNA is the 16 GB of storage. I know that I can stream music from the cloud but on my 4S I have nearly all of my 32 GB filled up. I know it will be a rough transition. I am thinking that I should wait until I hear more on the M7.

ozpain2

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
How were you able to keep your unlimited data??? My plan is up in June and Verizon wants to take away my "granfathered in" unlimited data and make me start paying for it

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
How were you able to keep your unlimited data??? My plan is up in June and Verizon wants to take away my "granfathered in" unlimited data and make me start paying for it

I kept mine by buying a slightly used DNA that looks brand new. I use between 8-10 GB of data a month and had no interest in going to their share plan.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine outright too, wasn't due an upgrade for 9 more months and I have unlimited also, so I will not buy a subsidized phone.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The phone us great. Dont listen to the pundits. Good enough storage for most usage. Excellent screen and very good battery life. I'm averaging 14 hrs but have seen 18.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Agreed it is a great phone, I don't regret buying it for one second.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
The camera is giving me terribly grainy pix but it may just not be excellent in low light situations. I don't use the phone camera very much but need to give it a more thorough work out before judging.

Just be sure the little clear plastic cover is removed from the camera lens. I know it seems impossibly stupid but many people (including myself...lol) have started shooting pictures with the plastic still in place and then commenting on just how awful the camera is. The camera's not great but I'd say it's serviceable.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

I kept mine because verizon screwed up haha. I paid 200 to upgrade (actually upgraded 24 days early). I order over the phone and activate it online. I was never prompted to change my plan. If I have it at the beginning of the next billing cycle, that means its mine for another 2 years haha.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I kept mine because verizon screwed up haha. I paid 200 to upgrade (actually upgraded 24 days early). I order over the phone and activate it online. I was never prompted to change my plan. If I have it at the beginning of the next billing cycle, that means its mine for another 2 years haha.

To keep it. Simply have a dumb phone on the line or a phone that doesn't use much data. Transfer your upgrade to that line. Order the phone. Switch the phone to your line. Reactivate the phone on the line you just upgraded.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon