HTC Droid DNA vs HTC M7 plus how long will the DNA last ?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Until we see the official specs of the M7, I can only go off of rumors, but:

Both have a 1080 hd screen
5" screen for the DNA; 4.7" for the M7
16 GB internal storage versus 32 for the M7
2 GB of RAM for both
S4 Pro processor clocked at 1.5 gHz on the DNA vs 1.7 on the M7 (haven't heard anything concrete about the M7's processor other than the clock speed)
Adreno 320 GPU vs. ?
2020 mAh battery vs 2400 mAh
8 MP back, 2.1 MP front vs. 12 or 13 MP, 2.1 MP

The M7 has a little more going for it with a larger battery, more internal storage, and a higher megapixel camera (which doesn't necessarily mean that it's better), but the DNA still has the larger screen.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

KingAL

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I know the specs I wanna know which one people think would be better.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If you want more storage and better battery life, then you'll prefer the M7. If the bigger screen with good battery life and decent storage is what you want, the DNA is for you. I think it's a personal preference issue that each person will have to decide for themselves.

In my case, I can't imagine selling the DNA to get the M7. It's just not that much of an upgrade.

a62335

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll definitely be grabbing the M7 if it comes to VZW. 5" is too big in my opinion, and I want the bigger battery and more storage. And, I've got 5 upgrades this year so why not?

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
In my case, I can't imagine selling the DNA to get the M7.
Same here... The 5" screen is more important to me than the added storage or battery. That is presuming the battery life is better. A larger battery doesn't necessarily mean a longer battery life, when comparing two different devices.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'll definitely be grabbing the M7 if it comes to VZW. 5" is too big in my opinion, and I want the bigger battery and more storage. And, I've got 5 upgrades this year so why not?

Really? I think the dna screen is small lol not that much of a difference from 4.7 to 5 ...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

KingAL

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I like my DNA and I don't think a phone will be able to surpass it in a long time. The M7 really has only 3 differences a dedicated camera button, bigger battery, and the storage.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Unless the M7 is groundbreaking (which it really isnt) I see no reason to switch from the DNA to the M7.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll be keeping my DNA. It's honestly the first phone that I've been a 100% satisfyed with.

Great screen. Great internals. Great quality build. Premium feel. Excellent camera. And it's running JB.

I realize that it may not have 4.2, but honestly, for me, it doesn't bring many additional gains that aren't lust worthy. Photosphere and lockscreen widgets aren't must haves for me. If I need info at a glance, I could just disable that lockscreen completely and see my widgets that way.

So....I'm sticking with the DNA until either Verizon gets another Nexus (doubt it) or the X Phone blows my mind. The M7 ain't cutting it enough for me.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The only reason the M7 would be attractive is the storage and the fact that it will get a lot more love from accessory makers.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
How long will the DNA last? DNAs won't stop working when the M7 comes out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I think the new norm for any Phone to be at the top of a manufacture's line is 6 months or less. After that it is still a good phone but moves further down line to a new price point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
The only reason the M7 would be attractive is the storage and the fact that it will get a lot more love from accessory makers.

If storage was the case the htc one x+ would get all the love. 64Gb yet no love from the public. What more could people possibly want? 64Gb,quad-core, Hd display, and big battery? People make no sense. Lol.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know the m7 is rumored to be sprint exclusive and is intended to replace the evo 4g lte. I don't think it'll come to Verizon at all so you DNA users should have nothing to worry about.

Verizon isn't going to replace their #1 phone when it just came out, they aren't that stupid ( or are they? ).

Sent from my SPH-L710

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know the m7 is rumored to be sprint exclusive and is intended to replace the evo 4g lte. I don't think it'll come to Verizon at all so you DNA users should have nothing to worry about.

Verizon isn't going to replace their #1 phone when it just came out, they aren't that stupid ( or are they? ).

Sent from my SPH-L710

That's not what's been rumored at all. The rumor going around is that it will be on sprint, Verizon, and att. Essentially HTCs galaxy s3.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
That's not what's been rumored at all. The rumor going around is that it will be on sprint, Verizon, and att. Essentially HTCs galaxy s3.

Maybe the carriers will cripple it and make its htc's Galaxy s2.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2