faulty battery?

Anthony Sanchez

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My battery life drops about 4% every 10 minutes of web browsing, no videos. My battery doesn't even last 12 hours with minimal use. Is that normal for a brand new DNA?

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I get 14-17 hrs a day...(moderate) Heavy use about 10hrs... Light use all day.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I get 14-17 hrs a day...(moderate) Heavy use about 10hrs... Light use all day.

what's your average screentime? do you usually have 4G on? battery lasts me all day with a few hours' screen time. e.g., 2 hours from 8AM to 4PM, mostly checking texts and reading via kindle during my commute, and I'm down to 50%. brightness usually on auto, sometimes on min. I don't know if this is normal, or if I should get it checked out.. the only widgets/processes running at all times, that I installed, are UCCW, Widget Locker, and Swiftkey.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My battery life drops about 4% every 10 minutes of web browsing, no videos. My battery doesn't even last 12 hours with minimal use. Is that normal for a brand new DNA?

We browsing means the display is on so it is going to use power, How often do you let the device sleep, check the battery setting for usage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It would be normal if you have your phone display set to full brightness. It sounds like you have a bit of tuning required, if you are only getting 12 hours of usage.

garl6

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
i go from 7:30am to midnight on a single charge on a daily basis. except for when i played a game for like 2 hours total one day, battery remaining is usually above 30%. Then again, i may be considered a light user. but even still, i have no worries with my battery going through the day web browsing, texting, calling for an hour or so, playing a game for half an hour to an hour, taking a couple of pictures, etc.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine can be sporadic some days. I would consider myself a heavy user (2 email sync accounts, a lot of web browsing, texting, and Pandora or YouTube, all with auto brightness). I usually get ten hours of that on 4g which I consider to be amazing for all this thing does and the screen. If I stay on Wi-Fi at home and school I can get around 15 or more. You said yours was new and mine took about five cycles to settle in

Anthony Sanchez

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
We browsing means the display is on so it is going to use power, How often do you let the device sleep, check the battery setting for usage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Its sleeping virtually all day since im afraid to use it... I kill all apps immediately and always check the usage.

Anthony Sanchez

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Mine can be sporadic some days. I would consider myself a heavy user (2 email sync accounts, a lot of web browsing, texting, and Pandora or YouTube, all with auto brightness). I usually get ten hours of that on 4g which I consider to be amazing for all this thing does and the screen. If I stay on Wi-Fi at home and school I can get around 15 or more. You said yours was new and mine took about five cycles to settle in

Maybe I do need to give it a few days? A buddy told me to give it a couple days but I couldn't figure out why that would make a difference... But if that's how yours was, maybe mine will be similar.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I do need to give it a few days? A buddy told me to give it a couple days but I couldn't figure out why that would make a difference... But if that's how yours was, maybe mine will be similar.

Yeah they always say give it a few days. Like letting it die/ 20% and fully charge. Do that for a few days,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

Give it a few. After a couple weeks I was pulling 15 hours on a charge and im not a light user. Now that I have a custom rom and kernel I have to do it over but today I pulled 11 hours with 5 hours 35 mins of screen on time. Sooo its nothing to complain about at all.

Elai012488

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Slept at 12mn with a fully charged battery. Woke up after 8 hrs with only 75%. Deleted all possible rogue apps (i dont know what a rogue app even means but read it somewhere haha) disabled motion sensors and all other things. brightness on the screen was like in zero. so yeah, im very much disappointed with my 4day old galaxy note 2. any fix for this? help!