Best Thin Case?

skedge

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Droid DNA for a few days without a case now. I know I will be dropping it from about three feet on the floor from time to time. I'm not planning on using a screen protector with it and I don't want a case that has a built in screen protector. I've heard that, because of the edge to edge glass, it breaks easily when dropped. Is it safe for me to use it without a case? I really want to protect it well because I don't have insurance on it, but my budget for a case is $20. Also, this phone is already too big to fit in my pocket normally, so I don't want it to get much bulkier. What is the thinnest case that will protect it from falls under $20 (can be used and from sites like eBay)? Some cases I have looked at are the Diztronic, Ballistic SG, S-Line, and Body Glove Dropsuit. Which of these will give enough protection that I can drop my phone from time to time with no damage? Thanks in advance everyone!

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The diztronic case definitely adds some thickness but nothing like the otterbox cases. I think the ballistic case is really thin though I don't have it so I don't know. I can say that I would recommend the diztronic. You get a good amount of protection for a little added bulk.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
The silicone case from Vz is actually quite good. I had a Ditztronic but ultimately found it to be too bulky and hard to activate the power button. The Vz case has a cutout for the power button that makes it very easy to intuitively feel where it is and activate it. There is a raised volume rocker that also functions very well and makes it very easy to adjust the volume. It's a semi-transparent smoked gray so it allows you to see the rear notification light. It's very, very slim but it does come out over the front screen a tiny amount so it will protect the screen in a fall. I think it cost $15.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol