Who's got the update & ?

Cyco9

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update in the bay area California. I checked a few hours ago and it wasn't there, so it must have just came in. It looked like a big file (103.5 MB) but it came pretty quick over a WiFi connection. The update on the phone itself only took about 5 minutes then a reboot, and another minute or two.

So far so good. It hasn't turned my phone into a pretty paperweight..... I'm gonna play with it for a few before I give an assessment.

ShantzMD

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Update went smooth here. Nothing really noticeable so far. The recent apps does feel faster smoother and you can flick a few apps off without having to scroll over.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the update, can you tell?

Your phone is only as Smart as you are

not 100% sure, but, my 4G connection seems better. I would typically lose 4G walking around the bldg (at work), and, I seem to re-connect to 4G faster, but, it may be too soon to tell.

new game - teeter showed up

Cyco9

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it's all in my head, but the audio does seem pretty bad ass. But in all honesty I always thought the audio was solid on this phone. My wife has the GS3 and it's always been noticeably better than her phone. Either way, at the end of the day I love this phone and the audio is hands down the best I've experienced on a phone/mp3 player.

The true test for this update will be if the SIM card issue shows up again.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just pulled the update, i live near south bend indiana...its currently downloading

I just began my download in Atlanta, GA

My phone is updating right now.

Updating now in So Cal - 103.5MB

Just downloaded, installing now.

Houston, Tx

Great!
Listen, after all of you guinea pi, er, I mean, "Early Adaptors" download and install the update, please be sure to post back here and let the rest of us know if your DNA is still working, what improvements you notice, etc.

The rest of us really appreciate it! :)

tlgem

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update notice here in Cleveland Oh - I am rooted & was able to reject it - now Im waiting to see if its all that much improvement or if we can take it & keep root?
Keep the info coming thanks everyone

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Great!
Listen, after all of you guinea pi, er, I mean, "Early Adaptors" download and install the update, please be sure to post back here and let the rest of us know if your DNA is still working, what improvements you notice, etc.

The rest of us really appreciate it! :)

IDK if it's just me but the device feels a bit snappier so far. I never had any issues with the phone to begin with so I'm not sure if it fixed many of the issues mentioned.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have some apps that were loading slow that now load very fast. Can't tell any other difference.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
If you're having trouble getting the update try doing a restart. I was checking for the update and the download manager kept crashing and I had to force close. After the 4th try with no success I just restarted the phone. Not a full turn off, just selected restart. As soon as the phone kicked back up, the update pulled and I'm downloading now. I'm in Oregon if that makes a difference for anyone

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hope the audio "fix" isn't increasing the bass on Beats...... Sprint did this to the Evo LTE and it made Beats unusable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34