Battery life after update?

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Normally I have to TRY and drain the battery to get below 10% before charging at night. Today (first day after update) my battery life was horrible. Noticed HTC Sense and Android OS were at the top of what was using battery. Those two were usually in the middle of what was using the battery. Wondering if anyone else had the same problem

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
My battery seems to be doing a little better than before actually. After 19hrs off the charger I'm at 42%. HTC used 1% and Android only use 2%.
I played 3 games several times each today, used Flipboard App, 2 Email accnts synced , and a little Facebook. A little over 2hrs screen on time.

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My battery went from 90% to 40% overnight. It was awake all night which it has never done. Wifi used to shut off from midnight to 6am but it was on all night as well. Sense seems to be the big culprit. I guess I'll have to monitor things again and try to figure it out.

jivegirl14

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Whenever there is an update the battery seems to drain faster for a bit then it settles down. Had the same issue, stopped the media download, turned off my live wallpaper restarted the phone a couple of times and it's now fine.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Buickman

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has gone down since the update. My usage usually gave me about 18 hours of life, but the last 2 days have only gotten about 14. Not terrible, but noticeable. I'm hoping for what Jivegirl14 said, that it will settle in after a few days, otherwise I will have to master reset.

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
For the people with battery issues, try turning off "fast boot" and then restart. You could have something running in the background that is sitting in memory with fast boot.
Having it off for at least 1 restart may clear it out.

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't have fast boot on and have reset about 3 times a day since the update. Since it's the weekend I'm not sure how it's doing, but the grind of the week will tell me tomorrow

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
For the people with battery issues, try turning off "fast boot" and then restart. You could have something running in the background that is sitting in memory with fast boot.
Having it off for at least 1 restart may clear it out.

Where is "fast boot" in settings?

sgnixon

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Ditto. My battery life before the update was excellent. Now it is OK. Will try some of the suggestions made and monitor. Any other explanation/solutions are welcome
My battery life has gone down since the update. My usage usually gave me about 18 hours of life, but the last 2 days have only gotten about 14. Not terrible, but noticeable. I'm hoping for what Jivegirl14 said, that it will settle in after a few days, otherwise I will have to master reset.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My battery life honestly has seemed to improve. I know the stock battery app isn't completely accurate and doesnt show on screen time, but I've had my phone off the charger for 24+ hours and I've still got juice. I am a moderate user on a WiFi connection with brightness at 25%, auto sync and GPS off.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After some battery monitoring I noticed it was awakening multiple times from some app. So looked at accounts and saw that google+ syncing turned back on for me. That must use a lot of battery because I've since turned it off and the awake times have gone way down.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed a difference in battery life. However, my GSam battery app says my average battery life has gone up. Before the update it was 1 day 11 hours. Now its 1 day 18 hours. No change in my usage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781